• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The K?D...What Will it Be Like?

The K?D. What Will It Be Like?

Just want to start a dialogue to get your impressions of what a K?D might be like when it comes out. This would be an up scale DSLR and not an entree level camera. It will happen. This we know. But I would love to see who comes closest to the reality when it does happen.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hope they'll get it out soon:
to be a 1DsMK2 killer
22MP or more
beautifull colors
lighning fast focus
25 focus points
a bunch of ISO
auto cleaning sensor
lasting long batteries (2000 shots)
admirable ETTL ala Nikon or even better
accepting all Canon L lenses

Then:
either they'll push Canon to market the 1DSMK3 or
I'll bite and get to my preferred store to order it!

PS not so "techy" post, but I prefer to feel the result than arguing about technique...
And I don't know why, just a feeling, but I feel that this next K?D could be my next babe...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

If all goes well with Hoya, and they dont just sell of chunks to Sony or whoever, then I see a great future for Pentax. They are not restricted to what was!

They also are experienced in MF!

The name of Pentax is well nown and the brand has meaning. Their lenses are amongst the best. Canon might fear them more than they worry about nikon. With money, they could worry Canon a lot. We don't need to be able to use Canon lenses.

We just need a better shooting camera with great color and dynamic range.

What are the shooting features, so far where Pentax distinguishes itself from Canon Pro camers? That's what's important!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Asher
Of course I know all that and agree with you, my "feeling" is always driven by some realities...

We don't need to be able to use Canon lenses.

I need to protect my investment! I can change my camera body every 2or 3 years, but not the lenses!

Now if Pentax/Hoya wants to have me as their 1st yacht photog and provide me with all the complete set of camera body + lenses, I'll may even test the K10D! They can PM me from OPF ;-) kidding of course but I do know that Pentax maybe the one to look at and survey seriously... otherwise I wouldn't have post in this thread ;-)

Sept-Oct 2007

Nicolas,

If all goes well with Hoya, and they dont just sell of chunks to Sony or whoever, then I see a great future for Pentax. They are not restricted to what was!

They also are experienced in MF!

The name of Pentax is well nown and the brand has meaning. Their lenses are amongst the best. Canon might fear them more than they worry about nikon. With money, they could worry Canon a lot. We don't need to be able to use Canon lenses.

We just need a better shooting camera with great color and dynamic range.

What are the shooting features, so far where Pentax distinguishes itself from Canon Pro camers? That's what's important!

Asher

For the "Salon de la Photos" in Paris in October there will be some interesting tangible products that will rear their beautiful heads. Hopefully the 645D will be one of those three... None the less I will be there for the five days. Perhaps I'll see some of our members there.