• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightroom 1.3 now available for download

Brian Lowe

You can get it here http://www.adobe.com/ap/downloads/updates/

New in Lightroom 1.3
Lightroom 1.3 includes corrections for the following issues:
● Writing XMP metadata automatically has been corrected for performance issues
● Printing with the native resolution option enabled no longer sets the wrong dimension for portrait oriented images
● Prior to Camera Raw 4.3 there was the possibility that artifacts in edge transitions could be introduced through the
Bayer demosaic and luminance noise reductions algorithms. This has been corrected.
● The Canon sRAW format and the Fuji compressed RAF formats are now supported.
Lightroom 1.3 includes the following enhancements:
● The import dialog now offers the option to render 1:1 previews as part of the import process
● The export dialog layout has been enhanced
● A Lightroom Preview Export SDK is available for developers to create and distribute Export Plug-ins. Further details
are located on Adobe Labs

Brian

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks so much Brian for the notice!

Let us know if there are any surprises and how things work!

Asher

Diane Fields

I dled and installed it last night AFTER backing up my library. I had been amiss to not have a regular backup of it, so set up the weekly backup in preferences.

It installed (PC/XP Pro) quickly, easily and without incident. There are a few changes it seems--but it works fine. I particularly wanted support for the G9. I've been using it in beta for that camera and now the thumbs will not be so 'strange' at times LOL.

I read on Lightroom news last night (by Jeff Schewe) that ACR was available for dl with the same updates but I didn't take the time, as it was late, to dl and install.

Diane

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

Hi Brian, it seems that they did cancel the download…

LR.jpg

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

Which download do you see as cancelled? The SDK is at:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroomsdk/

If the update isn't on the featured updates page that started this thread, then it probably can be found via the dropdown list at the top.

?

Mike

Thanks Mike

I was trying to get the featured updates page that started this thread, but can't get it either from the Adobe drop down menu… both do bring me to the page you can see hereabove…

John_Nevill

I struggled for ages to get the download for LR and resorted to using FTP, just log into ftp.adobe.com as an anonymous guest and look under /pub/adobe/lightroom/.

nicolas claris

Thanks John
Great and easy linkt, it worked fine!

How could I have missed that before!

Have a nice day!-)

I struggled for ages to get the download for LR and resorted to using FTP, just log into ftp.adobe.com as an anonymous guest and look under /pub/adobe/lightroom/.