• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Women's RBS 6 Nations Championship

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ireland 25 England 0

1.)

PJF_5287.jpg by petereoin1, on Flickr

2.)

PJF_5360.jpg by petereoin1, on Flickr

3.)

PJF_5371.jpg by petereoin1, on Flickr

4.)

PJF_5190.jpg by petereoin1, on Flickr
Thanks for looking

Peter,

So how did you come to shoot this and what was your setup? also who won and what was the crowd like that day? It's also so interesting to capture some of those fan and opposition moments before during and after the game. BTW, what's that child doing wandering in the background of the first picture?

A championship brings out the best from deep inside each individual and they recruit energy from the underworld! Nothing gentle or nurturing here. This is bold and decisive action. This is so energetic and shows that women can have all the stuff of man the warrior and hunter needed to excel on this planet and reach their desired goals working collaboratively and individually. Imagine if they were armed, how fearsome these warriors would be!

I'm so impressed!

Asher

Peter,

So how did you come to shoot this and what was your setup? also who won and what was the crowd like that day? It's also so interesting to capture some of those fan and opposition moments before during and after the game. BTW, what's that child doing wandering in the background of the first picture?

A championship brings out the best from deep inside each individual and they recruit energy from the underworld! Nothing gentle or nurturing here. This is bold and decisive action. This is so energetic and shows that women can have all the stuff of man the warrior and hunter needed to excel on this planet and reach their desired goals working collaboratively and individually. Imagine if they were armed, how fearsome these warriors would be!

I'm so impressed!

Asher

Hi Asher,

Thanks for looking and posting a comment

1.) I ask one of the coaches to move
PJF_5287_WO_zps21a9730c.jpg

You might have missed the top of the thread Ireland 25 England 0
I shoot rugby (IRFU) and soccer (FAI) in Ireland for an agency.
Women's international RBS 6 nations championship started in 2004 and this was the first time Ireland beat the English side.

A few of the after match celebrations

PJF_5429_zps17c7149e.jpg

PJF_5445_zpse8f6c455.jpg

Great images of some obviously tough and gifted athletes. They are all very expressive and interesting but I especially like the third one where the one girl is being assisted in tasting the turf. Great shot.
James