• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Review: OnOne software Suite FREE!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Amazingly you can get this amazingly competent suite of processing filters absolutely free as a result of an ephotozine.com advertorial.

Go here

The program works independently of Photoshop or Lightroom as a free standing application that handles even RAW files. Once you have opened it as an independent program, it then sets itself up for your other processing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.

In Photoshop, look for it, not in "Filters" where you might expect it, but rather in the File-Edit-Automate options to the far left of the Photoshop Menu bar.

Tell us how you like it. so far, its very impressive. I am experimenting with it myself.

Asher

Antonio Correia

I have just downloaded and installed.

Having Nik software collection and at quick and fast first experience, this app doesn't look one can have any benefit.

I like their solution of creating layers and masks.

On the contrary, it looked to me that the processing is slower but I may be wrong.

After all LR is indeed a great tool ! ;)

This is a print screen and the final image with a touch of crop and duotone in LR
i-zxkX7df-X2.png
i-cnVsNTL-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

Impressive work. Look at some of their videos. They really understand image making. Now try it as a Lightroom plugin. You will be impressed!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The head of the National Portrait Gallery in London came by OPF Gallery One exhibition section and lingered. He was very impressed and I told him about your work. So I plan to see him in London this summer, if he's around at the time.

Asher

Kevin Gagel

ON1 updates

ON1 has been steadily improved and is now three full versions higher than the one in this post. ON1 Photo Raw 2018 was recently released.

I tried the 2017 version and was impressed enough to prebuy the upgrade to 2018. I've been using the new version for about a month now. It does exactly what I want it to - easy photo processing without having to know everything about photoshop.

I am not a professional photographer. I work on a computer all day and I don't want to spend countless hours trying to figure out how "improve" my photograph. ON1 is allowing me to that quickly and easily. I've even tried it's layers and easily added two different images together in a way that looked professional.

If you're looking for an easy way to work with images then this software might be rigth for you.

Asher Kelman

ON1 has been steadily improved and is now three full versions higher than the one in this post. ON1 Photo Raw 2018 was recently released.

I tried the 2017 version and was impressed enough to prebuy the upgrade to 2018. I've been using the new version for about a month now. It does exactly what I want it to - easy photo processing without having to know everything about photoshop.

I am not a professional photographer. I work on a computer all day and I don't want to spend countless hours trying to figure out how "improve" my photograph. ON1 is allowing me to that quickly and easily. I've even tried it's layers and easily added two different images together in a way that looked professional.

If you're looking for an easy way to work with images then this software might be rigth for you.

Kevin,

Great to hear of your personal experience with On1. This is valuable confirmation of my first impressions. We need competition as Adobe is like a massive truck on the highway, a challenge to learn to drive and intimidating.

I have yet to use Lightroom as I am so used to Photoshop and use Media Pro for catalogs and Capture One to get a different look.

However, I am, for sure depriving myself of tools that would make processing easier. I will start to use On1 as a plugin!

Thanks again and now please share some of your photographs!

Asher

Kevin Gagel

Kevin,

Great to hear of your personal experience with On1. This is valuable confirmation of my first impressions. We need competition as Adobe is like a massive truck on the highway, a challenge to learn to drive and intimidating.

I have yet to use Lightroom as I am so used to Photoshop and use Media Pro for catalogs and Capture One to get a different look.

However, I am, for sure depriving myself of tools that would make processing easier. I will start to use On1 as a plugin!

Thanks again and now please share some of your photographs!

Asher

Image shared in a new thread...

I like that ON1 doesn't "import" images like other software. If you can use windows Explorer (or the MAC equivalent) then you just use ON1's browse and copy (or move) the images from your memory card to where you want them.

The catalogue feature is nice. Between it and the smart albums and filters I can "hide" images that I don't want a casual observer to see or find.

The filters (realy just layers) are neat in that I can turn one or more off and see what the affect is. And the actual layers are there too so I can work like in GIMP or Photoshop - without knowing a lot about it.

Asher Kelman

Image shared in a new thread...

I like that ON1 doesn't "import" images like other software. If you can use windows Explorer (or the MAC equivalent) then you just use ON1's browse and copy (or move) the images from your memory card to where you want them.

The catalogue feature is nice. Between it and the smart albums and filters I can "hide" images that I don't want a casual observer to see or find.

The filters (realy just layers) are neat in that I can turn one or more off and see what the affect is. And the actual layers are there too so I can work like in GIMP or Photoshop - without knowing a lot about it.

Kevin,

What is your favorite ON1 functions that you really appreciate beside the catalogs?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Looks like steam to me.
Smoke doesn't dissipate like steam does.

Advanced humor, ?!

......and you make a valid point!

The subtlety of those differences actually is fascinating. Hydrogen is even faster!

I find the availability of choices to Adobe products important to more than a few here. For some On1 might be the answer.

Asher

Jean Henderson

Hi Everyone,

I have been absent for more than a little while due to complicated personal life situation. Just stopped by and saw this thread. I have only downloaded the On1 software; haven't even installed it yet. There is, however, another good contender for a non Adobe processors and that is the new DxO Photo Lab. (I love my Lightroom 5 and refuse to go to the cloud for software. I can do without the updates just fine.)

Just like On1, Photo Lab can be used independently or as a plugin. It has no free version but does have a trial. If you have LR experience, you will quickly figure out this other software. If you lack such experience, though, it may be more effort than you can to put in. Presets are built in.

Jean

PS: Just to show some new work, here is one from early winter. Oops! It wasn't even in my Flickr images yet. Had to upload to get a URL. Will go back in with an actual name when I have one and adds tags, etc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49794977@N05/39775114452/in/dateposted-public/

Also, have recently started building a new website which you may find interesting:

https://visualhealing.art/index.html