• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Learning to see

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Jerome Marot

It is a very nice book. I especially like the conclusion:

We also found another use, less pragmatic, more esoteric yet liberating. We found ways of expressing ourselves, of finding more in the landscape than others could see, more than the hues of a pretty flower, more than a the blue of the sky, the red of a sunset, the green of a forest. We found ways of expressing our love, hate, fear, anger, sorrow, happiness and concern. We discovered that the photograph doesn’t always tell the ‘truth’ or share in beauty. We found that we could influence others, persuade them, sway their opinions, and convince them of matters otherwise. We discovered the Power in a single photograph.

In the almost 200 years we have been photographing we have learnt to see many things in many different ways. It has been an incredible journey for us all. Even if we have never taken a photograph we have still shared in this incredible adventure.

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It is a very nice book. I especially like the conclusion:

We also found another use, less pragmatic, more esoteric yet liberating. We found ways of expressing ourselves, of finding more in the landscape than others could see, more than the hues of a pretty flower, more than a the blue of the sky, the red of a sunset, the green of a forest. We found ways of expressing our love, hate, fear, anger, sorrow, happiness and concern. We discovered that the photograph doesn’t always tell the ‘truth’ or share in beauty. We found that we could influence others, persuade them, sway their opinions, and convince them of matters otherwise. We discovered the Power in a single photograph.

In the almost 200 years we have been photographing we have learnt to see many things in many different ways. It has been an incredible journey for us all. Even if we have never taken a photograph we have still shared in this incredible adventure.

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Jerome,

Without doubt, I believe that Tom Dinning has an important voice. It's expressed not only in his photographs, but also in his humor and lack of airs. He's thought a lot about the positions he's developed in life and won't easily be changed as mostly he's right. So he's stubborn. He has a wealth of ideas from experience in photography to share, but without repeated reference to "masters" we all respect so much. He'd claim he never heard of them.

I cannot think of a more valuable edition to anyone's library of photographic books than what he offers for free in PDF form. That seems a lot to claim. However, you will be moved, if not transformed by this PDF. It's all about that's real and what's human a precious.

Asher

fahim mohammed

" Seeing " with what? And " seeing " what?

This train of thought, when I followed it just now quickly, would keep me awake for a lifetime.