• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: [GORIO] - My Heaven on Earth

karlo reyes

When I shot this scene I wanted to bring out the sky and the waves at the same time. I decided that in order for me to do this is converting it to Monochrome. For me the stillness of the rocks amidst the fury of the waves and the calmness of the clouds/ sky complements each other like yin and yang..

ISO 50 l 20mm l f16 l 1" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
4114764986_e78ab0c5e8_o.jpg

Thanks for Looking.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Karlo,

When I shot this scene I wanted to bring out the sky and the waves at the same time. I decided that in order for me to do this is converting it to Monochrome. For me the stillness of the rocks amidst the fury of the waves and the calmness of the clouds/ sky complements each other like yin and yang..
Lovely scene.

Water too creamy for my taste.

beth anthony

i actually like the water, i think it creates a wonderful pattern of abstract whites and darks. the dark rocks and sky give it some grounding.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

ISO 50 l 20mm l f16 l 1" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
4114764986_e78ab0c5e8_o.jpg

I wonder how this would be with an HDR of the rocks superimposed over this creamy water.

Doug,

I am not usually a fan of slow shutter speeds to get a milky effect for moving water. However, here's an instance where it adds to some overarching enigmatic tranquility to a scene that is really fraught with risk and danger.

Asher