• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Are There Any Risks?

Are There Any Risks?
There are potential risks in any procedure and LASIK is no exception. The most common potential problems that can occur during laser vision correction are under-correction, over-correction and wrinkling. Under-correction and over-correction simply mean that while the procedure may have improved your vision, it may not have completely corrected it. Wrinkling is slightly more serious. It means that the corneal flap might have been moved which causes wrinkles that can possibly lead to the permanent appearance of blurry spots.
Some more serious side effects include, increased light sensitivity, halos around eyes, blurred vision and double vision. All of these symptoms should lessen and disappear after the first few weeks following the LASIK surgery. There is also a chance of corneal damage and/or scarring which can lead to partial or full vision loss. These side effects rarely occur, and ophthalmologists will always make sure that candidates are ideal for the LASIK procedure.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was getting interested and I thought that this would follow with information on the use of the diopter correction in the eye piece of digital cameras. It seemed to go along with Doug Kerr's article on this here !!

I was even going to move it there. Then I saw "Banned" and discovered it was an advertisement! We are pretty damn effective in keeping this garbage out. We use software and individual checking to screen out non-photographers, so it came as a surprise!

It's well written, BTW and does mention the risks. However, any surgery one can avoid is another victory for the body!

Amazing that reading Doug's thread, integration of vision oddities with composition and focus is actually important! Ironic! :)

Asher