• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Close Up of Flowers

Lee Tracy

A spray of small pink flowers (species unknown). For me these images have a feel of Ikebana to them, a minimalist approach to arrangement. I'm not sure if I prefer the colour or the black and white. The colour has a certain feel, but the black and white reduces the image to an even more minimalist form which in some ways is more appealing.

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0079-002.JPG

DSC_0079-001.JPG

Andy brown

A spray of small pink flowers (species unknown). For me these images have a feel of Ikebana to them, a minimalist approach to arrangement. I'm not sure if I prefer the colour or the black and white. The colour has a certain feel, but the black and white reduces the image to an even more minimalist form which in some ways is more appealing.

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0079-002.JPG

DSC_0079-001.JPG

Lovely shots Lee.
As far as species goes, this is a bit of a stab with not a lot to go on but they look like an Australian leptospermum or ti tree which are usually small shrubs, not trees.
Is that possible?
P.s there are many species in that genus.

Lee Tracy

I honestly have no idea. I suspect it is something indigenous, but might not be. The flowers are very small (less than 1 cm) and grow in a spray almost directly on the branch. In colour and shape they remind me of plum blossoms but they are small shrubby things, definitely not a plum tree.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lovely shots Lee.
As far as species goes, this is a bit of a stab with not a lot to go on but they look like an Australian leptospermum or ti tree which are usually small shrubs, not trees.
Is that possible?
P.s there are many species in that genus.

Someone should have a tree-flower identification guide!

Asher

Lee Tracy

Someone should have a tree-flower identification guide!

Asher

There are indeed many books to identify plants but oh boy is it a mission to do so if you are not so very clued up on where to start looking. With birds it is much easier - where you saw it is a huge clue as to what it is - and that is how most bird books are organised. However with plants - if it is in a garden you have no idea if it is indigenous or not, and even if it is indigenous to the country it still may not be indigenous to the area.

I take the effort to look up the names of plants I know are indigenous or otherwise have distinct identifying features I can use to find in a description but small pink flowers on a medium sized shrubby thing .... ai .... *cue mission impossible music*