• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Helpful Hints/D.I.Y.: Clipping indicator layer in Photoshop

Hi Folks,

I came across an elegant method to create a Layer which functions as a clipping indicator. That can be useful when working on the various layers that form the total composite, without the need to switch to other tools. It's more accurate than looking at the histogram, because it also tells where the clipping is going to take place. It also is easy to adjust the clipping thresholds, e.g. to avoid 'empty' whites in inkjet output, or featureless shadows when printing to matte surface media.

The addition of an invert adjustment layer also works with some older versions of Photoshop. When recorded as an action, it is very easy to add such a layer with the correct blending parameters with a single mouse click.

Cheers,
Bart