• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Prestigious and worthy London Photography competition.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
THIS WEEK PLEASE!

gobo.png

UPDATECompetition closing extended:

23.59 GMT on 7 May 2013.
UPDATE

Renanaissance Photography competition, Deadline Saturday April 28th 2013. 23.59 GMT NOW on 7 May 2013.

You can submit over the internet! Details here!

Sorry, but they were late in asking!

I am hoping you can help a good cause and join in an enjoyable project. This is the 6th year of the Renaissance Photography Prize, an international photography competition that raises money to support younger women with breast cancer.

By entering, photographers get the chance to have their work judged by some of the top names in photography, be exhibited in a prestigious gallery in London and win over £5,000 worth of prizes. The winners will be announced at an award ceremony during autumn 2013. Money supports breast cancer charity Lavender Trust.

Judges for 2013

• Monica Allende - Picture Editor, The Sunday Times Magazine
  • Simon Bainbridge - Editor, British Journal of Photography
  • Julia Fullerton-Batten - Photographer
  • Miranda Gavin - Deputy and Online Editor, HotShoe International
  • Nadav Kander - Photographer
  • Chris Littlewood - Director of Photography, Flowers Gallery, UK
  • Brett Rogers - Director, The Photographers' Gallery, UK
  • Sophie Wright - Cultural & Print Room Director, Magnum Photos

Photographers can enter single images (categories Expression, Ordinary and In Between) or a series of work in an open category. The competition is open to everyone and welcomes entries from all countries. Funds raised from entries are donated to the Lavender Trust at Breast Cancer Care, UK.

Enter Renaissance Photography Prize and have your work judged by eminent judges with the chance of winning over £5,000 worth of prizes. 60 selected photographs will be shown in a London exhibition, autumn 2013 when the winners will be announced.

Rennaisance.jpg

All funds raised from entry fees are donated to the Lavender Trust at Breast Cancer Care to support young women with breast cancer. Last year the competition attracted over 5,225 entries from 67 countries and raised over £50,000 for the charity.

To find out more and enter please visit www.renaissancephotography.org
Competition opens on 28 January 2013
Competition closes on 28 April 2013

Robert Watcher

I am hoping you can help a good cause and join in an enjoyable project. This is the 6th year of the Renaissance Photography Prize, an international photography competition that raises money to support younger women with breast cancer.

I have always refused to enter my images into any competition - especially when it is required that I pay to enter. But your plea Asher - was so compelling that I decided to donate the roughly $25 CDN for a single entry (in the Expression category) - - - "for a good cause". Thanks for the notification and reminder of the extension.

I chose this image:

candy-lady.jpg

Quatro Cordobas, por favor : ©2013 Robert Watcher

Asher Kelman

Robert,

That's an excellent picture. You have sent it already, I hope? Here, I'm not doing the submissions myself. :)

Asher

Antonio Correia

This is something I would like to jump in but I have always the same problem:

How would I have "the permission of those pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required in the section on licensing below and will indemnify the Organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;" if people in some of my images are spontaneous participants and people I will never meet again in my life time?!

However my Urban Decay project can be used.
But "you have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by the licensing section below and will indemnify the Organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement." ?!
In Portugal we do not have - so far - this kind of rules. Just imagine how would I get the permissions of the owners of the buildings ? That would take me ages if I am understanding correctly the paragraph.

i-8x4PQGt-XL.jpg

Robert Watcher

Antonio - - - All of my submitted images are taken in public on the streets. It may be that a particular gallery may not accept them without written consent, however as far as I am aware I am fully within my rights to publish without consent based on where they were taken. If I went into someones home or if these were commissioned, I would have to give consideration to a consent form (which all of my paid work has).

Yes Asher - - - I had signed up, submitted and paid in full before I posted above. I wasn't expecting you to do that. :)

------

Asher Kelman

This is something I would like to jump in but I have always the same problem:

How would I have "the permission of those pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required in the section on licensing below and will indemnify the Organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;" if people in some of my images are spontaneous participants and people I will never meet again in my life time?!

However my Urban Decay project can be used.
But "you have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by the licensing section below and will indemnify the Organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement." ?!
In Portugal we do not have - so far - this kind of rules. Just imagine how would I get the permissions of the owners of the buildings ? That would take me ages if I am understanding correctly the paragraph.

i-8x4PQGt-XL.jpg

I don't think you have any problems here, LOL! I doubt that would be an issue.

The problem is with buildings like the Walt Disney Concert Hall being used for a Commercial venture. No one would entertain such a claim against a claim against a charity for Breast Cancer in young women!

It's like a warning on water.

"WARNING" Use of this material implies acceptance of the following liabilities and risks. You must hold the water supplier harmless and indemnify against all losses incurred by improper use of the compound.

Do not mix with pure sodium metal, or it could catch on fire and cause serious injury or death. Do not put into electric sockets or you could get electrocuted. Frozen water dropped from a height can be lethal Frozen puddles of water on the ground can result in fatal road accidents or hip fracture. This substance is known to cause suffocation when breathed into the lungs." Water Supply Board

Asher

Antonio Correia

I tried to upload the files but I couldn't for some reason.
I wrote them asking why that was happening. Probably there is something wrong or something I am missing.
They answered I will be contacted in 48 hours. Too long...
But as everything is ready I will be able to submit on the spot I hope.
I am going to submit 8 images from Urban Decay and I want to send just the files without text or canvas. However, I really like them with text and canvas...

i-N8JRpQB-XL.jpg