• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Art Purchased

Charlotte Thompson

Just sold 10 prints to a man in the UK-
actually wants to buy 5 of one kind
and 5 at another-

first 5 bought same pieces-

418944_514222401925596_601507729_n.jpg

Second five bought-

Collages1037.jpg

sold for 85.00 a piece postage paid but buyer is paying that and sending a delivery person to pick up art-

for a new home home in UK-

and 5 at another-

Second five bought-

Collages1037.jpg

sold for 85.00 a piece postage paid but buyer is paying that and sending a delivery person to pick up art-

congratulations, Charlotte! It's always nice to see a peer selling their work. Very lovely pieces.

I've sold 5 of the same print before, but never to the same person. Do you know if he is he intending on re-selling them.. and making a good profit? I can't imagine putting 5 pieces of each in the same home.

I'm also curious how big your prints are?

Again. always feels good to sell something, right? :) I'm happy for you.
best of luck and continued good fortune,
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
and 5 at another-

Second five bought-

Collages1037.jpg

Charlotte,

Impressive pictures. I'm so happy for you to have made these sales. I'm a little surprised at the low cost. How small are these? I can see that 5 prints of one gives you $425, but really, they should let you know about resale as this gives you a better idea of your market price in the retail market.

Although it's really a thrill to have folk buy you art, plan your pricing so you don't devalue your own time and creative value if you wish to earn what you are worth!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Maggie and Asher

Thank you both. These pieces are 16x20 prints only @ 85.00 a piece @ 10 pieces.
I suspect I am dealing with an art collector/dealer which can only mean good things.
I think the price is right. On most pieces when I do them they usually take me and truthfully 5 min. or less to create. Remember I have been working on this kind of art for almost 4 years and still continuing to build client. Th is isn't my only client. So far my largest order. I am a young mostly unknown artist so I cannot at this time command more money for my art. Think about it though if it takes around 5 min. to accomplish one overlay someone wants to buy even 1 print @ 85.00 isn't bad profit- Even postage paid by the artist is still fantastic gain. Which for this person I do not have to do.
We will see what transpires along the way. Though I think it will be an ongoing thing. Fingers crossed and mojo working.
Thanks again. Just shows what love of your art and great tenacity can do.

Charlotte-

Charlotte,

I'm not sure I understand. 5 minutes? I'm confused. What about the photo shoot, the camera and the gear, the software, the printing, the ink, the paper. Surely there is more to making your photos that simply overlaying them; they have to be taken somehow.

Aren't these signed limited editions? Or you can also sell them to Ikea etc., without limit.

Obviously you are happy, and I am happy for you, but just make sure you are not selling yourself short. When people love your work, they will be happy to pay for it.
Best of luck and I wish you way more sales.
Maggie

fahim mohammed

Charlotte.

You make me proud gal!
As an artist, as a person, and most importantly, as a dear and cherished friend.

May success follow you in all your endeavors.

Ayesha and I send you and your loved ones our best wishes and warmest regards.

Charlotte Thompson

Maggie
alot of the photos are from public domain and from other sites you can purchase from thousands of photos at minimal price. I use all different kinds of backgrounds say grunge for instance and many other of such. I also make my own backgrounds. In overlay work it really doesn't take me that long to put a piece together now that I have done it for so long and have very much learned a very special skill. There is alot that goes into it and really don't want to go into detail. Trust me I am not selling myself short.
They are not limited editions but they are signed. Why limit the number of prints.

Charlotte

Fahim
Many thanks my dear friend . Please say hello to Ayesha for me and of course the rest of your lovely family.

Charlotte