• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

2013 is looking up

2012 was one of the worst years my wife and I have ever had to endure. We plan on 2013 being the exact opposite. We want to take a complete break from death, pain, and loss. We want to do a little celebrating in the time we have left and do some things we have not done while we still have the chance.

In two weeks we are taking a little trip to the Grand Canyon. I have lived here in Arizona now for 4 years and have never been. It is one of the iconic places on the face of the earth and it is only 6 hours away and I have never been. That is sinful. We are finally going. I plan on taking thousands of snapshots and not worry one second whether any of them turn out good. I am going to experience the special nature of that place with my wife and we will remember it for the rest of our lives.

We are going to Jerome to spend the night in a haunted hotel. Then we are going to Sedona for two days to rest and recuperate more. We will see Montezuma's Castle.

In April I am going to The Masters golf tournament in Augusta. It has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid to go to that place. If you golf you know about Augusta. If you don't golf, you probably still know about Augusta. It's sort of like the Grand Canyon of golf courses. Second maybe to St Andrews in Scotland and that is only because that is where golf was born. No cameras allowed but I will soak it all in and remember it for the rest of my days.

Finally in August we are going on a whirlwind tour of Ireland. We have never been and we are so excited we are like little kids waiting for Christmas. We are renting a car and driving all over the place, staying in beautiful hotels in 4 different towns. I'm nervous about driving on the "wrong" side of the road, sitting on the "wrong" side of the car, shifting gears with my left hand, and worrying how I am going to keep from running over a sheep.I will be kissing the Blarney Stone that is for certain. I will drink quite a few pints and take many, many snapshots and remember this for the rest of my life.

Last year I did not feel like I would ever be excited about anything in my life ever again. Now, in 2013, even though many bad and horrible things seem to be going on around us non-stop, I am finally able to breath again and look forward to every day that still lays ahead of us. I just wanted to share with you what we had coming up on our horizon. I'm so happy and excited about it I just had to tell somebody.
James Newman

2012 was one of the worst years my wife and I have ever had to endure. We plan on 2013 being the exact opposite.

Hi James,

And you're entitled to that. Being , more or less, forced to move because of job opportunities (and whatever else spoiled the fun part of life) to new territory and succeeding would warrant that. Heck, even not succeeding would.

Try and not focus on the negative things going on beyond our control.

Do let us share in some of the exciting things you are both planning, I would certainly be excited beyond question.

Cheers,
Bart

fahim mohammed

James.

I am delighted to hear the good news. Your mrs. and you are certainly entitled to enjoy and celebrate
the better times.

And please post lots of photos. For the fun and joy of it all.

May the Good Lord look after you both and Look after all of us too.

Kindest regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We want to do a little celebrating in the time we have left and do some things we have not done while we still have the chance.

James,

We all should live each day as if it's our last so as not to waster it and to enjoy life to the fullest. Then we'd not forget to tell those we love how we feel!

We are going to Jerome to spend the night in a haunted hotel.
Then i'm thinking, yes, Jerome did invite us to take pictures with him and I guessed that you'd taken advantage of that offer! After that I did a search on "Jerome" and "ghosts" and found a most haunted hotel! so I guess you're staying stateside, after all!

In April I am going to The Masters golf tournament in Augusta. It has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid to go to that place. If you golf you know about Augusta. If you don't golf, you probably still know about Augusta. It's sort of like the Grand Canyon of golf courses. Second maybe to St Andrews in Scotland and that is only because that is where golf was born. No cameras allowed but I will soak it all in and remember it for the rest of my days.

Well, they can't stop you from having a cell phone, even with 16 MP! So I'd plan to shoot. I have no respect for such restrictions and since you won't be going back soon, I guess you've nothing to lose. I'd not be interested in anything but the landscape so even if you're caught you wont be outing some executive playing with his "driver"!

This is exciting and please make a point of running an ongoing thread here of your exploits. A perfect picture is anything that you enjoy and we're not going to nit pick on focus, even illumination or whether or not the horizon is set properly!

Just enjoy and come back safely!

Asher