• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Question about Compact Fluorescent

Doug Kerr

Hi, John,

What is the wattage Equivalents between the Compact Fluorescent and Incandescent?

I assume you mean what would be the relative power consumption of an incandescent lamp and a compact fluorescent lamp with the same total luminous flux output.

Of course, the electrical-luminous conversion efficacy of incandescent lamps varies significantly between designs, as does that of compact fluorescent lamps, so there is no fixed ratio of equivalence.

Typically a bare spiral screw-base CFL with an input power consumption of 23 watts is said by the manufacturer to produce a total luminous flux output considered typical of a conventional ("A" type) incandescent lamp rated at 100 watts (a ratio of about 4.3:1). Other lamps have a claimed ratio of about 4.6:1.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi folks,

We have let this stand even though the OP has apparently been a spammer and got banned by Asher since the question itself is innocent enough. Nevertheless, do not spend too much time on this topic pls.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This represents a Light bulb supplier who could have written to us and asked! He joined under 3 names, one of which was the company itself, LOL! Funny if he really didn't know the answer to his own question since he sells the stuff! So he's banned thrice!

Asher

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

This represents a Light bulb supplier who could have written to us and asked! He joined under 3 names, one of which was the company itself, LOL! Funny if he really didn't know the answer to his own question since he sells the stuff! So he's banned thrice!

I'll bet his girlfriend isn't really Pocahontas, either!

Best regards,

Doug

Last edited by a moderator: