• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: The roots

Jarmo Juntunen

My roots lie deep in the Lappish soil, watered by the Simojoki river. Last weekend I took the 9 hour drive up there to help my mother move to a retirement home. Here's something I brought back with me.

Simojoki

_img1280.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jarmo,

What beautiful prose to wake up to. I have been moved. I have not reach the wonderful picture yet.

These words are hauntingly simple, evocative and clear. They make me think back of my impression of Franz Kafka's opposte world, a dark functionary run laberynth of oppressive offialdom dystopia!

'When Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from troubled dreams, he found himself changed into a monstrous cockroach in his bed.”

That is bleak! (Juat a "Penguins editition" translation!

Yours is lined to the past, enjoying the present and open to an endlass optimistic future.

My roots lie deep in the Lappish soil, watered by the Simojoki river.

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Asher! As I'm slowly approaching 50 (in a few years) I'm starting to grow a sense of connection to my heritage and root. Not always simple, mostly I don't feel much in common with my relatives, but still a part of me.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jarmo,

Repeat like Monet's "Haystacks" by Monet, in France, as the seasons, sky, coverage and colors change! I am imagine how well it will be received!

Simojoki

_img1280.jpg

This will be wonderful for an exhibition.

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Calm and beautiful place...

Cold ? Or not that much ? ;)

Dear Antonio, you're from Portugal! You would find this place unbearably cold, lol! Seriously speaking, it does get cold up there. Simojoki is some 90 kms South of the Artic Circle. January temperature medium is -12 C, but anything up to -45 is possible.

Antonio Correia

Dear Antonio, you're from Portugal! You would find this place unbearably cold, lol! Seriously speaking, it does get cold up there. Simojoki is some 90 kms South of the Artic Circle. January temperature medium is -12 C, but anything up to -45 is possible.

Bbbrrrrrrrr

LOL LOL