• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gerrrrrrr!

Will Thompson

Will_Thompson_C_2009_012K7244.jpg

EF 180MM f3.5L Macro 1/200 f5.0 ISO 200 1DsMKIII MR14EX Ringlight

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love the kitten! However, did you get consent from its mother! This looks too young to sign anything. I'm glad to see you have moved beyond egrets and blind shiatsu dogs!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Cat...

We're you looking for a cat? Meow. Is this yours? Would Cousin It and Wednesday approve?

The blue eyes tell me there is some Siamese in there. Cute! I was just talking to another OPF'er about the 180 macro for portraits.

Will Thompson

Hi Daniel. Here you go, one more from the set!

Will_Thompson_C_2009_012K7236.jpg

EF 180MM f3.5L Macro 1/125 f4.5 ISO 200 1DsMKIII MR14EX Ringlight

Asher! No I do not have the mothers consent, In fact she wants her kittens back and was quite vocal about it.

Kathy, No and we are not keeping them! Cousin Itt and Wednesday could not care less(blind and deaf). Gidget and Moon-doggie just love the taste of kitten and can not get enough of licking them on the face (due to the spilled food).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Even more!

Will_Thompson_C_2009_012K7259.jpg

EF 180MM f3.5L Macro 1/125 f5.6 ISO 200 1DsMKIII MR14EX Ringlight

This one looks like a hunter. Very good catch of the early morning prowl. Really looks like it is a tough little chap. You and Mike Spinak like this lens. What makes it so interesting for you? Also how well does it focus? Is there a focus assist from your ring light or do you focus manually. Mike says that the AF is not that stellar!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Yummy

Those kitties are yummy. I showed them to Frank who said any more lenses or animals are cause for divorce. Will, you are a bad influence. I cannot have a kitty or the 180...

Will Thompson

You and Mike Spinak like this lens. What makes it so interesting for you? Also how well does it focus? Is there a focus assist from your ring light or do you focus manually. Mike says that the AF is not that stellar!

Asher

The focus is just fine. You have to remember that as magnification increases the depth of field decreases making it harder to focus. The one thing canon missed is a close in only focus limiter so it will not hunt to far background subjects when you lose focus. I had quite a problem with this, I should have turned off focus hunting altogether. With the only focus limiter it has you lose the near range only.

As to why I picked up this lens for this shoot??? Habit I guess since the ring-light is a "Macro"! I keep forgetting that it only attaches directly to the EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro (both versions), and MP-E 65mm Macro, and EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro but requires a adapter ring for the 180 or anything else! If I did it again I would use the 50 1.2L or the EF 24-105mm f4 L IS!