• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Eleonora

Leonardo Boher

pro member
This one was my first 'planned' picture, taken with a broken film camera I borrowed from a friend. It wasn't so planned, I told to the young lady to put there and to put the arm and head that way, but the traversa flute asked for that posture naturally. Of course, I had felt in love with the model before the shoot. The shot was just an excuse to grab her physical appearance. The date is from August, 2001. In that period of time I used to study violin, so I was vey close to musicians (the picture was taken inside my music teacher, and old man from Cuba who escaped from commies and came to Argentina). After the shot, I commited the mistake of being sincere, so I lost her, thus I lost myself and quited every aspect of my life related to music in year 2005, where I became photographer. That situation wasn't the cause, but the beginning of the end. Right now I'm coming back to music composing, but I will be around here.

EleonoraFluteWindowContrast.jpg

Leonardo Boher Eleonora

Enjoy the picture.

Leo, Mart or Øuantum3.

fahim mohammed

Leonardo, what a mesmerising photo. The gentleness, the ' old time' glow. The beautiful, mysterious
lady who kindly consented to pose for you...the moment as you have mentioned cannot and should not be forgotten.

The small narrative adds to my enjoyment, but the photo stands on its own and only needs the viewer's
imagination.

No, my friend you did not loose yourself..but found something in you that is very very precious...the feeling of longing for someone, the courage to face upto to the realities of life and the truth that
' it is better to have been sincere and lost than to have embarked on a journey with insincerity '.

Beautiful and touching.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
. ................. After the shot, I commited the mistake of being sincere, so I lost her, thus I lost myself and quited every aspect of my life related to music in year 2005, where I became photographer. That situation wasn't the cause, but the beginning of the end. Right now I'm coming back to music composing, but I will be around here.

Leonardo Boher: Eleonora

\

Leonardy, Marty!

I too am mesmerized by the image.

No, my friend you did not loose yourself..but found something in you that is very very precious...the feeling of longing for someone, the courage to face upto to the realities of life and the truth that
' it is better to have been sincere and lost than to have embarked on a journey with insincerity '.

Fahim,

Unfortunately, the highlights of Arab poetry never filtered to Europe well. I find, however, an eloquence in your words. "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" becomes "it is better to have been sincere and lost than to have embarked on a journey with insincerity".

Asher

fahim mohammed

Hi Asher. How are the concerts going?

On the Arabic language ( and digressing from Leonaro's superb photo ) I would like to tell our readers
something.

In English, the fruit of the palm tree, is obviously called ' dates '. That's it. In Arabic, on the contrary
it has far to many names. Generic form is ' tamer ' or the plural ' tamour '

Pre and during the times of Prophet Mohammed ( PBUH ) ( as now to a much lesser extent ) the
Arabs were known for their eloquence. Those that had the command of the language, could incite
their tribes, with the grandeur of their poetry and the magnificence of their choice of words and eloquence to battle, to peace and to ( what muslims would consider heathen ) idol worship. The pomp
glory and utter invincibility of their idols, delivered through the magnificence of their poetry and words
is to this day studied for its command of the Arabic Language.

Having briefly set the scene above ;
Prophet Mohammed ( PBUH ) was illiterate. no reading or writing skills. He was chosen to deliver a message to convince the Arabs of the oneness of Allah. To speak to the crowds around the Kabaa and to compete for their attention against the eloquence of the literates of Makkah.

The Koran says ( heavily paraphrased by me )...Mohammed, tell them you speak the word of Allah
( from the familiar word ilah ). The gauntlet was thrown. The Koran..' Mohammed, tell the people of
Qureish ( the noblest and the most influential tribe, to whom Mohammed belongs ), and all others
that these are the words revealed to you by Allah. Ask them to bring 10 verses similar to these,
nay even one worse to compare with these.

The Qureish demanded miracles from Mohammed. The illiterate Prophet of God brought forth verses
that had them tongue tied. Allah says the Koran is the miracle in a language that will be used, understood and whose eloquence and grandeur could not be challenged then and now.

Arabic is a hard language to learn. each word has to be traced to its origins and understood within its
context. Failing that leads to untold misinterpretations and misrepresentations.

The Arabic word ' Jihad ' is one such word whose meaning is completely misunderstood, mistranslated
and misused.

Regards.

Leonardy, Marty!

I too am mesmerized by the image.

Fahim,

Unfortunately, the highlights of Arab poetry never filtered to Europe well. I find, however, an eloquence in your words. "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" becomes "it is better to have been sincere and lost than to have embarked on a journey with insincerity".

Asher

Leonardo Boher

pro member
So, what of the rest of the roll of film, even if damaged, and what of the story?

Asher

Mmmhhh... The remaining pictures in the roll of film? Don't know, I just used the camera to grab that momment. It wasn't my camera, so I just did this picture and it wasn't till year 2005 that I started doing photography. When I decided to do the photography, was an spontaneous desition. The owner of the camera was a friend of mine, and he had the idea of talking pictures, I just went with him and then I decided to take a picture. The expossure metering was broken, so it was just lucky how I measured the light. The model is the sister of a classmate when I went to the Music Conservatory. I met the model when the class finished. I was outside the Music Conservatory, in the sidewalk, talking with some of my class mates and I saw her, walking down the stairs iof the building. It was a very magical momment you know, all the sorrounding stuff just gets blurred, I just saw every detail of her face, every detail in her gestures, like in slow motion, the movement of her thiny blonde hair, you know, there is a feeling in that momment, very intense in the stomach, chest and throat.

I saw her again in November 2006 (5 years later), but she felt like shame. She waved me but very shilely. I saw her in the Music Conservatory but in that period of time it was relocated in other place. I went there to take pictures of musicians and I found her. Casuality? 5 months later I met my actual and first girlfriend, Alucine :)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Martin,
5 months later I met my actual and first girlfriend, Alucine

Carla and I believe that everything happens for a reason.

So tell us about Alucine.

No disrespect is meant to the girl with the flute. And I know your interaction with here was indeed special. But we hope she was not a mediocre flutist (as that will certainly doom a relationship).

I am fascinated by your nom de plume. Can you tell us its significance?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Hi,

This image is really interesting but, with permission, i would suggest a more dynamical framing to enhance girl's presence :

bcd4622ba764e3075f4e4c99afa6d2a.jpg

Regards,

Cedric.

Asher Kelman

Its a great picture, I would just crop it at the bottom to balance it out and do away with that dead space.

Paul,

You're right, the picture can be worked on more. When one crops from below, what about the top too. Also its angled. Where does one stop? I do believe there's more to be done to this picture.

Asher

Jim Galli

I have only just seen the image and I am in love. Who could not be?? I fall in love often. I don't tell my wife but I think she knows. These harmless loves usually last only minutes. Perhaps an engaging movie, I might be in love for an hour or two.

Asher Kelman

Leonardo Boher Eleonora

So Leo, as I said, I've looked at some other possible ways of finishing the presentation.

EleonoraFluteWindowContrast_editedAK.jpg

Leonardo Boher Eleonora edited with permission ADK

As you can see, I tried to bring back some of the trees from the bright light and also her body out of the darkness. It's also made more orthogonal.

Asher

Leonardo Boher

pro member
It looks much better. I have darkened the shadows in PS, cannot remember when, but before 2005. I always liked drawing, so I used PS to paint my pencil drawings. Here is the latest drawing, September 2003 more or less. I really like this one.

MariaDibujandoOriginal.jpg