• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Review: Platforms for Panoramas, City & Hiking

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Have to admit I'd take a small platinum handprint correctly framed over a huge banner any day!

Ben,

I too will treasure the tiny platinum masterpiece. I believe that monochorme photography, working with just lighting and composition exposing form and texture to the services of esthetic senses and our culture can hardly ever be surpassed by color.

Color is handicapped by the Razmataz of superficial arousal.

Still in a report, book or billboard, to recruit students, audience and sustain benefactors, color and size can make a difference.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Did you ever get to have a serious play with the sunway stuff Asher?
Hi Ben,
For the Indexing rotator the Sunway uses a slightly thinner plate with less tolerance. I had to get new plates from Sunway and these have arrived. This week I am doing the testing. The platforms themselves can have RRS Arca Swiss type plates and fitted thus work very well with all RRS plates. The new thinner plates from Sunway also work perfectly well with RRS clamps.

So I'll be using the LF Sunway leveling platform (with its accurate spirit level and half ballhead) with the Sunway indexing rotator and the RRS Gimbal Pano head,(post #3 above) for the 5DII. My tests will start this week.

Asher