• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some more summer colors

Michael Nagel

Jarmo,

Thank you! I have a few from today but it is late and I do not feel like working on these tonight, so I will post one or two tomorrow.

In the meantime, these two were interested in our lunch today.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Hi Asher,

thanks - I like this one very much as well.

Here is one more, this time from last Saturday. I do not know the name of this plant, but it was growing like weeds in one place:

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher,

Here is one more, this time from last Saturday. I do not know the name of this plant, but it was growing like weeds in one place:

Best regards,
Michael

That lower right bright petal - might you consider pulling back exposure there while increasing contrast as well as local sharpening, but not the edges. I feel that even a masked, (otherwise unaltered), "curves" layer, set to "multiply", might do most of what's needed.

This could provide more balance to that flower. Just an idea from someone who cheats when necessary for art! :)

Asher

Hi Asher,

Best regards,
Michael

Michael, this is beautiful.
I googled and think I found what it is: Himalayan Balsam (Impatiens Glandulifera)

here's a wiki photo - think it looks the same, your photo is prettier though
Himalayan Balsam
:)
Maggie

Michael Nagel

Hi Maggie,

Thanks! Now I know what it is. I was not aware that this is an invasive species and weed was not so far off.

Best regards,
Michael

Richard Rives

The top flowers are here in Texas and are called passion vine. The other flowers that are bluish purple are called morning glories here. Those are sharp looking images.

Michael Nagel

Rachel - thanks!

Richard,

Thanks.
the last one belongs to the genus of Gentiana and is different to the second one (not the same family of plants).
For the first one I have to check.

Please mind - different continent - different plants.

Best regards,
Michael