• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Support your state police

Doug Kerr

DAK_G02928R700.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Support your state police
Sure - by using an illegal license plate frame.

New Jersey Motor Vehicle Code, Section 39.3-35: No person shall drive a motor vehicle which has a license plate frame or identification marker holder that conceals or otherwise obscures any part of any marking imprinted upon the vehicle's registration plate . . .

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

I honestly thought you had covered this so as not to broadcast the #.

I am surprised the person was not stopped.

Best.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

I honestly thought you had covered this so as not to broadcast the #.
Quite so. I had "pixellated" two of the characters so as not to disclose the number (I should have mentioned that). The actual prohibited obscuration was of the "slogan" at the bottom of the plate.

This plate and frame is from the personal display collection of someone I would not want embarrassed (not now on a vehicle). The original owner, now deceased, had many friends in law enforcement.

One could of course argue that this "slogan" is of no significance in identifying the vehicle and thus should not be "protected" by the regulation. But it in fact the regulation makes no allowance for that. (There have been many legal cases over that, with differing conclusions.)

Best regards,

Doug

Awww, police and their codes that enable them to constantly break our civil rights.

I only say this because of how many times, friends, family and myself have been pulled over for no apparent reason. I think my vehicle is at 6 or 7 times this year with no citations given.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Doug,

..I had "pixellated" two of the characters so as not to disclose the number (I should have mentioned that). ..
You know I have been musing. That pixellation seems to have delivered an n x m matrix with a certain pattern of luminosity. For example, the luminosity of the bottom right large tile is the lowest. Therefore, the 2nd character cannot be a character such as T which is mostly empty space in the lower part. Following a similar logic, would one be able to come up with an algorithm to create a list of possible combinations of the original characters I wonder? Unless, of course, the pixellation is scrambled and has no correlation to the luminosity of the original area.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

You know I have been musing. That pixellation seems to have delivered an n x m matrix with a certain pattern of luminosity. For example, the luminosity of the bottom right large tile is the lowest. Therefore, the 2nd character cannot be a character such as T which is mostly empty space in the lower part. Following a similar logic, would one be able to come up with an algorithm to create a list of possible combinations of the original characters I wonder?
Indeed, a lot of work is possible in that area (and is often done).

If I had really wanted a foolproof job, I would have gone at it a wholly different way!

Best regards,

Doug