• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Once upon a time

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi

posted it already in the "glimpses of autumn"thread but I want to give it a little more space, as I worked really hard on it ... :))

Wolfgang,

I hesitated to respond to this crafted image as it has so much purposeful symbolism in it and requires some thought and care, or otherwise it could travel far from your intent in its meaning and impact.

This is an instance where, in a museum, there would be a substantial introduction and background to set the frame and context and introduce the symbols here and significance of all we can immediately recognize and what we might otherwise miss.

So here, an introduction and sharing of your concept and approach could help set the stage for our adventure into this new universe.

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher,

this is just "learning by doing" ...
The photos were taken in an geologically and culturally old region of Italy, with only about 4km distance.
The "high times" there have passed away, in a way the autumn of history is laying on this region ... so I tried to combine the memorial of a local investigator of the 19th century with the melancholy of the actual autumn there.

Antonio Correia

Hi Asher, this is just "learning by doing" ... The photos were taken in an geologically and culturally old region of Italy, with only about 4km distance. The "high times" there have passed away, in a way the autumn of history is laying on this region ... so I tried to combine the memorial of a local investigator of the 19th century with the melancholy of the actual autumn there.

Well conceived and executed, Wolfgang !

Working with layers, masks, blending modes etc is quite interesting, isn't it ?

:)

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Antonio,

yes, it is. I use them a lot for basic works, not for composings, but there is a very interesting potential in them, no doubt :))