• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Chairs, Stools, Sofas, Benches

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
dsc00184CC_2014_ACR_Summilux_50_Natural Light.jpg

Asher Kelman: Painted Tall Stools in Yoghurt Store\\
Los Angeles 2015
Leica M Summilux 50mm 1.4 Sony A7R

I loved these chairs, their rescue despite the paint having been mostly rubbed off by active bottoms!

Asher

Asher Kelman

dsc00172CC_2014_ACR_Summilux_50_B&W_Natural Light.jpg

Asher Kelman: Painted Tall Stools in Yoghurt Store\\
Los Angeles 2015
Leica M Summilux 50mm 1.4 Sony A7R
Sliver Effex Pro

This was discovered under another customer!

Asher

Asher Kelman

A park bench along the Illinois River a couple years ago:

original.jpg

Parkbenchoglyphs​

Wow! This is a great find and in your tradition of finding patina and marks of the elements and time! Over the years you have share more than a few pictures of old posts, rusty wires that give that impression of man's engineering prowess and natures slow but voracious appetite to reclaim everything back again!

The carved in commitment and ego trips also become marks of our intention to beat the system and fix the things we like so they will last a little longer.

Asher

Asher Kelman

I love the picture, well composed and an atmosphere embedded that's relaxing and Zen.

That, Jerome, is a fabulous solution for the loose gravel surface and so neat! I imagine a small table goes between them for an evening beer or glass of wine!

Asher

Jerome Marot

That, Jerome, is a fabulous solution for the loose gravel surface and so neat! I imagine a small table goes between them for an evening beer or glass of wine!

It is a public park, actually. Of course people could bring a table and a crate of beer, this is Munich after all.

Asher Kelman

It is a public park, actually. Of course people could bring a table and a crate of beer, this is Munich after all.

Jerome,

I didn't imagine for one moment it was a public place! Well, the designers got it right, then! They've created a space for conversation and intimacy. That, in a public setting shows consideration!

I liked this especially since this concept could work well in my son's raised section in his back yard. Except there are tall bamboo all around. A nice assumption that there will be company ..... and not always solitude.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Early morning at Miami Beach.

_smaller.jpg

Hello Jarmo,

I like the horizontal lines and the texture of thousands of footprints on the sand. There's a sense of a blank canvas for today's activities. Just two pairs of empty beach chairs facing the ocean! Indicates that couples come there but generally keep separate!

Those crowded imprints in the sand.......but this is early morning! So it means that they for one it's above the tide level and that the City of Miami Public Works Department didn't rake the sand for the days tourists! That is de rigeur in California!

From your recent trip? I wonder where that industrial looking boat is from? Here, visiting San Francisco, there a long lines of giant cargo boats stay led high with containers bring goods from China, Taiwan and Korea!!

Asher

8472336994_6711570ff4_b.jpg

Garden Seat, Infrared

Gelatin-silver photograph on Ultrafine Silver Eagle VC FB photographic paper, image size 16.4cm X 21.3cm, from a 4x5 Efke IR820 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 75mm f5.6 lens and IR680 filter. Titled and signed recto, stamped verso.

This lonely garden seat has been deliberately placed by the landscape designer a long way from any path. Instead of rest for the passing traveller it fixes a place to sit, look, and ponder.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Nice one Maris, but it does hurt my eyes. What is that? Like IR.
no point is far from a path, Maris, otherwise no one would be able to put the bench there, sit on it or photograph it. (S)

Ps. I'm putting an S at the end of my comments which indicate sarcasm when necessary so as to avoid any confusion.

To indicate whe I'm serious I'll put an S.

Cheers
Tom

Asher Kelman

8472336994_6711570ff4_b.jpg

Garden Seat, Infrared

Gelatin-silver photograph on Ultrafine Silver Eagle VC FB photographic paper, image size 16.4cm X 21.3cm, from a 4x5 Efke IR820 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 75mm f5.6 lens and IR680 filter. Titled and signed recto, stamped verso.

This lonely garden seat has been deliberately placed by the landscape designer a long way from any path. Instead of rest for the passing traveller it fixes a place to sit, look, and ponder.

This is indeed a gift to us! I personally appreciate that this work is done by you personally and not some delegated technician we might take the credit for! How many hours does it take for one such print? My father in law used to be there 2-6 hours at a stretch and he generally lost his sense of time! I was with him many times and for me, I lost my sense of orientation too and it was like going into a foreign country to return to the world of light!

Keep up the good work!

Maris, you're quite right! This bench is very well placed for active contemplation!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Very unique! I do like it a lot!

Well Tom, can you tell us about the red object to the right of the chair. It seems fixed but at an angle!
F
Asher

The whole place was on an angle, Ash. It's some old palace in Vietnam. The guard had gone to lunch and left the gecko in charge. The Americans bombed the **** out of most of it back in the 60's. Left a few bits for the tourists to see (mostly Americans). Funny that.