• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Free Lightroom Presets

Cem_Usakligil

John,

Thanks for the tip. I've downloaded the presets and played around with them a bit.
I am a bit disappointed in the sense that these presets are very straight forward shortcuts for changing one aspect of the picture at a time, such as changing the WB. They are not "composite" presets like the ones shipped by Adobe with lightroom such as the "Cyanotype". Knowing the fact that any simple user can create presets himself/herself very easily (just use the + sign on the preset bar and go), I fail to see the effectiveness of these presets for power users like myself. It only saves some initial time if one doesn't care for creating personal presets for the adjustments one uses most often.

Having said that, I am not the kind of person who looks a gift horse in the mouth, so thanks to you for pointing this out and thanks to the maker Mr. Davis for helping the community :).

Cheers,

John_Nevill

Cem,

I had similar thoughts, but the tints are quite nice when used with the b/w presets and I do like the way you can mix'n'match and reset them individually.

DaHen

Thanks John,

The presets are a faster way of getting good results. Then ya can still tweak them here and there.

I am a bit disappointed in the sense that these presets are very straight forward shortcuts for changing one aspect of the picture at a time, such as changing the WB. They are not "composite" presets like the ones shipped by Adobe with lightroom such as the "Cyanotype". Knowing the fact that any simple user can create presets himself/herself very easily (just use the + sign on the preset bar and go), I fail to see the effectiveness of these presets for power users like myself. It only saves some initial time if one doesn't care for creating personal presets for the adjustments one uses most often.

Exactly! You don't need a slew of presets for adjusting the WB slider! These are unimaginative minor variations on a few themes and a distraction from learning to use the program properly.

For something a little different, take a look at my solarization preset, created by drawing a curve in Adobe Camera Raw and then importing the image into Lightroom. The resulting preset is here. It is also at inside-lightroom.com along with other far more useful presets than the onOne 85.

John