• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightroom tricks

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Does anyone knows how to embed ON an image some captionning text (date/subject/photographer) before exporting...?
On Hi res as well as on lowres for the web. I searched the export pref and web export as well... no luck!
C1 does this very easily on horizontal and vertical images (you may choose text, font, font size, font color and position of the text).

This is very usefull when exporting hundreds of files...

John_Nevill

The only thing I can find relates to checking the "Add Copyright Watermark" in the export dialogue. This adds the text from the Copyright field in the metadata to only the bottom left corner of the image. So to get round this limitation you could add "subject, date and photographer" in the that field. The output looks pretty naff though!

lake.jpg

nicolas claris

Thanks so much John
Of course I tried that before but it didn't work...
Your post did let me think that maybe the © field should be filled somewhere... and voilà!

_G8A3111_LR.jpg

Now if someone could explain how to avoid that "output looks pretty naff " It would be my day!

nyschulte

Bonsoir Nicolas,

This is an export from Lightroom
_D213198.jpg

I do not remember now where i did the change (of the font used for the (C) data), but there is one site where this is explained (you can even make changes in an online form and you will receive a file to be put into a specific folder)

I will try to find that information and post it here

So this it what i found:

Jeffrey's Lightroom Configuration Manager

Nicolas

Last edited:

nicolas claris

Nicolas bonjour ;-)

Thanks a lot
I'll visit your link and post what I will have found...

Have a great day!

nicolas claris

Thanks again Nicolas

So I visited a lot and though it looks promising, I could only create a "lrtemplate" and have it now in my metadat presets, but no way to change whatever with the fonts...
The only thing I would like to change is the size of font that I find too big... but didn't find any place to fo this within Export Watermark Font of the application...