• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge, Process from CS2 RAW, this new 1D Mark III Portrait What can you deduce?

John Maio

pro member
Another EOS 1D Mark III Headshot

This is a raw, uncropped and unfinished image of a commercial headshot of a young aspiring actress I did today using the new Canon 1D Mark III.

This image is ©2007 by John Maio and may not be reproduced in any form for commercial use. It has been uploaded only to show members of this forum the ability of the new camera.

As you know, Adobe has today released Camera Raw 4.1 which now fully supports the 1D Mark III, and features some exciting new pre-processing features. This image will not open in prior versions.

http://download.yousendit.com/54E74DB3573FFF47

The file is about 11Mb.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks again, John. Very generous!

If we process © images we post then only here in OPF. Add to the IPTC/EXIF info © 2007 John Maio and also use a text layer to embed in thejpg you repost here "© 2007 John Maio"

You might also want to post small portions at 100% size, 400-600 pixels wide approx to illustrate a particular point or question.

Explore creatively using DPP, Adove Camera RAW new update and if you wish move the file with no alterations to silkyPix, Lightzone, Aperture or anything else you like.

Just state what you did and why!

Asher

John Maio

pro member
Thanks again, John. Very generous!

If we process © images we post then only here in OPF. Add to the IPTC/EXIF info © 2007 John Maio and also use a text layer to embed in thejpg you repost here "© 2007 John Maio"

You might also want to post small portions at 100% size, 400-600 pixels wide approx to illustrate a particular point or question.

Explore creatively using DPP, Adove Camera RAW new update and if you wish move the file with no alterations to silkyPix, Lightzone, Aperture or anything else you like.

Just state what you did and why!

Asher

Thanks Asher - I wasn't clear on that. All the necessary source and copyright info is embedded in the RAW IPTC/EXIF.

Also, this is exactly the same lens, same camera settings and same studio strobe setup I used in the one I posted the other day. If you find the time to play with this in the new Camera Raw, be aware that the best color temp is 5300 deg Kelvin. Try sharpening it and viewing actual pixels.

I'm too slammed right now with work, but I'd be interested in seeing what others who are interested in the Mark III do with it.

Alan Rew

As you know, Adobe has today released Camera Raw 4.1 which now fully supports the 1D Mark III, and features some exciting new pre-processing features. This image will not open in prior versions.

http://download.yousendit.com/54E74DB3573FFF47

The file is about 11Mb.

A short note for forum members who, like me, are still using old copies of Photoshop (CS in my case): just convert the file to .dng format using the latest version of the (free) Adobe Digital Negative Converter, then open the .dng in your ancient (2.4 for CS!) version of ACR. Another benefit of DNG format :)

Thanks for posting this, John.

Alan