Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Layback Cafe

Layback Cafe Let's chat!

Old May 24th, 2010, 03:05 AM

Default Summilux 35mm asph...the old one!

I, as some others, also subscribe to other forums. In one I go by the name of ' Rayyan '. My grandma wanted to name me that. My grandpa chose ' Fahim '. At home I get called ' Rayyan ' too. My grandson is named ' Rayyan '. In Arabic, ' Rayyan ' is the name of a gate in paradise.

Why do I mention this in connection with a lens thread? Please read on.

In one of these forums, there is a a discussion of the merits ( or not ) of the newly announced Summilux
35mm asph by Leica. Is it ( would it be ) better than the current one?. The current one has become notorious for ' focus shifts '.

I have the current one. It resides in Canada. My lux 75mm resides in the States. Why? I have two
sets of children and grand children. One set is American; the other is Canadian.

I also have two sets of clothes and cameras. One in America ( not used much ) and one in Canada ( heavily used ). saves me taking luggage and cameras.

I forget to take my specs very often. My ' old' summilux 35mm comes in very handy then. These
are with the ' old ' lux 35mm asph when I forgot my specs...

I have adapted myself to this lens. As I have adapted myself to having two sets of clothes and cameras.

And, of course, I have adapted myself to ' Rayyan ' and ' Fahim '. Just as I have adapted to the ' old'
lux 35mm asph.

I shall save my money and visit either the States and/or Canada. I have also adapted to both these
lovely places.

Thanks for tolerating an old man's ramblings.
Old May 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM

Hi Fahim (or Rayyan!)

What city is this? I saw those spiders in NYC some time ago.
Old May 24th, 2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben Alfu View Post
Hi Fahim (or Rayyan!)

What city is this? I saw those spiders in NYC some time ago.
Hello Ruben. I answer to either; most times!

Ruben, this is in Ottawa, Canada.

Thanks for stopping by.
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:17 PM

Those are beautiful photos. What shall I call you?
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:00 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahim mohammed View Post
I, as some others, also subscribe to other forums. In one I go by the name of ' Rayyan '. My grandma wanted to name me that. My grandpa chose ' Fahim '. At home I get called ' Rayyan ' too. My grandson is named ' Rayyan '. In Arabic, ' Rayyan ' is the name of a gate in paradise.
Fahim,

I too have names from different sources. I was named David by my mother but my grandfather wanted the name Asher to soften the militaristic aspects of King David! Asher means happy!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.