• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ambient Illumination in XP

Paul Caldwell

I have installed boot camp 1.1 on a 17" macbook pro, so far I can't seem to get the ambient illumination to work. It works fine on the mac side, anyone have an answer? Does it work or not and if so what settings have I missed?

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

Paul Caldwell

thanks

Stan

You are the man.

What a bummer!. I wonder if Apple did this intentionally. And I guess that it would have to be an Apple driver, not a 3rd party one.

I personnally love that feature.

If you are running with parrellels, i.e. virtual, then I assume it will still work?

Thanks
Paul C

Stan Jirman

Paul Caldwell said:
I wonder if Apple did this intentionally. And I guess that it would have to be an Apple driver, not a 3rd party one.
I don't think "intentional" is the right word here; when I got my MacPro, half the really essential drivers didn't exist yet. A week later it was fixed. I think they are just focusing on the really important stuff, and the illuminated keyboard, while neat, hardly qualifies as that :)

Yes, it will work with Parallels.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul,

What are you using XP for? Do you run CS2 in the PC environment, I heard it was very fast?

I'd like to know if you or anyone else has compared CS2 speed using the two operating systems on the same Macbook Pro?

Asher

Paul Caldwell

XP use

Hello Asher

Actually I am all XP in my production. I wanted the MacBook Pro mainly since I still feel it's overall the best design on the market. I had a 17" powerbook and loved it, but to be honest, it was quite slow especially the processing. I had the 2nd version of the processors, I can't remember which they were, but not the 1.0 GHz.

I will load CS2 on this box soon and be able to compare it to several other machines. I only have 1GB in this machine right now and had been waiting to do any testing until I got 2GB in it.

Stan,

I know that they probably didn't do it on purpose, however as it's a very unique feature to any laptop, I am surprised they didn't. Maybe they will get around to it with the fully supported release, whenever that comes out.

Thanks