• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

El Texan

Robert Watcher

El Texan

AP-20160919-EM104790-Edit.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Oh my goodness, these are really amazing characters. I am so jealous this once. I can't ever top this feeling of the texture of real ordinary wonderful people. This is timeless and could be in a village in Tsariat Russia, or a group in a museum painting by Pieter Brueghel The Elder!

Asher

I never would have thought of Pieter Brueghel Asher, but now that you mention it by golly...

Can't improve on Asher's observations and comments, Robert. This is a memorable capture of a lively scene. Were your subjects aware of your presence when the photo was taken?

Robert Watcher

Thanks Asher and Tom. They weren't aware of me. Too preoccupied in what they were doing and me operating in stealth mode lol.

---

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher and Antonio. Correct at 28mm in 35mm equivalent. I am a master at being invisible LOL.

-----------

Robert,

So this is less the lens being an aide to stealth, and more of your slight of hand and nonchalant attitiude that they are not disturbed by your presence.

Most of us need a longer lens to be able to not create reactions from the denizens!

Asher