• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hosting of images - keeping thread intact

Tim Armes

Hosting of images - keeping threads intact

Hi all,

Before this forum really gets started I'd like to ask you to consider the importance of not allowing old threads to break.

OPF doesn't currently allow images to be upload to its server. Images included in these fora must be therefore be hosted elsewhere and linked to - they are at the mercy of the posters.

For this forum to become a useful retouching resource, we need to ensure that the threads stay intact, and that means that the images in those threads need to remain online. If you intend to post image, either for assistance or as a response, then please do your best to keep those images online. Even if the question has been answered, consider those that may be looking for the same help in the future.

The issue of hosting the images on OPF itself is something that will be considered later on.

Best regards,

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin McLean

It seems to me if OPF is worried about keeping treads intact, they wiil host the pictures.

I do not know where I'll be in a month, forget a year. Will I still be shooting pictures? Will I still be paying Flickr $24 a year to host my pictures? Will I change where I host my pictures on-line, and will I carry all my junk with me? Or just the pictures that I feel are impotant to me? Will I still be hosting my pictures on-line at all? Will I still be alive in a year? Six months? Tomorrow?

I only hope that you posted in jest.

-M-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Martin,

We know these issues and in the long run we hope to have more robust solutions. At this time, we just want to point out how much we value your image contributions and that when links can be kept, it helps us.

Thanks,

Asher

John_Nevill

I have a couple of embedded image links in OPF threads which are from my old website. When I pull the plug on it the links will expire. Can the old posts be edited to maintain link integrity?

Tim Armes

John_Nevill said:
I have a couple of embedded image links in OPF threads which are from my old website. When I pull the plug on it the links will expire. Can the old posts be edited to maintain link integrity?

Hi John,

Yes, posts can be edited to reference new links. Just let the moderator of the forum know. Thanks for your support.

Tim

Asher Kelman

Yes,

Just send Tim the new link and the url of the posts.

Hopefully more automatically in the future.

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Guys,

I'm sorry we're slow but I'd have hoped our galleries would be online already. We're testing uploads and formats. Keep you informed!

Asher