• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gerli (more freckles!)

Graham Mitchell

Not a commercial work, but a friend dropped by when my lights were all set up and asked "Hey, when will you take a photo of me?" :)

Image035.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Beautiful work-I dunno why after all this time in OPF I havent been in this room!
do you think cropping off the "just right at the chin might work better than showing that small part of blouse
dunno just a thought

but very gorgeous head shot
beautiful young woman
love those freckles!

Charlotte-

Daniel Buck

Nice capture, great expression, and the composition and lighting works very well too! I like the B&W shot best. She (and you) should be proud of this shot, well done! I honestly find only one thing that i wish were different, and that's the bright highlight off to the right. It doesn't really bother me to much in the color shot for some reason, but in the B&W version I'd rather have it a bit darker.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not a commercial work, but a friend dropped by when my lights were all set up and asked "Hey, when will you take a photo of me?" :)

Image035.jpg

Very interesting remark by Daniel. It seems that B&W photography has trained us to look for the full presence of all Ansel Adams' zones. So here we can see that. In the colored image, the richness of the hues draws us to the left and we simply blank out that part of the mage that is too bright to be seen.

I like both these version because of the natural non pretentiousness of the girl and the image. This provides an inkling of a person one would like to meet or one would like one's brother or son to meet! Not that the Vogue or Elle look is dishonest, but it's a fantasy.

Here one really can imagine meeting her and finding out that she is just as she seems to be. We know however that the perfect women in the high fashion pictures are creations of a team, only a small part of which is the actual being of the woman featured.

So, Graham, you seem to have struck a cord of passion and honesty.

Of course, the model could actually be a tough man sister, but somehow, I think that WYSIOWYG!

Asher

Last edited: