• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: A brief history of time

fahim mohammed

Stephen Hawking is dead at the age of 76.

As he would say, ‘ look up at the stars ‘....and when we do, we might find him there somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Stephen Hawkins is dead at the age of 76.

As he would say, ‘ look up at the stars ‘....and when we do, we might find him there somewhere.

To me the unique and most signicant value of this man to us was not his stellar achievement in science or his humor, but rather his determination to proceed with his life, despite severe, ever increasing, obstacles brought on by his incurable neurological disease. This fight should inspire us and future generations to doggedly fight on, no matter what challenges we face to enjoy far more than the the portion of life we appear to have been limited to.

"Fight against all odds!" is the real lesson for our society of Hawking's life's work. The physics was, is and will always be there.

Asher

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Asher, Fahim,

It is of course Stephen Hawking of which you speak.

I second your accolades. He was a mensch.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Doug, thank you for pointing out my error. It is indeed Stephen Hawking of ' whom ' I speak.

Asher, I was thinking the same thing. What inspired me most about Hawking was his determination to overcome the bounds of his physical ailments and let his mind free to soar and explorer far far beyond the galaxies and into the unknown depths of our universe.

I can only offer but a very small and humble tribute to a great mind; I think he would give a small smile.

p2782201061-2.jpg

Thank you Mr. Hawking, for your contributions to human knowledge.