• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Model Brittany

ErikJonas

Banned
I didnt know what prefix to put on here the image is as i want it crop wise and everything...I didnt want loud colors that would take over the image its suppose to be very subtle...

The model is Brittany...Shes a new girl i'll be managing and while shes done a few shoots it was not with anyone i'd consider a photographer or approaching it with any skill or respect for the image or art.She has no posing skills so i am working with her on that....She loves my work and thats our starting point...

4501917606_895c860d09_o.jpg

I really like this shot...All window light no flash,strobes..This will be a limited edition print,16 by 20 called "Lady In Waiting"....Tried it in black an white and did not like it as the color of the flat green couch really adds to the character and mood of the image....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Erik,

I have not seen a picture of yours, that I can recall, like this. I admire this image more than any of yours I have seen, so far, that I can recall. You still are stripping away the EXIF. That information tells a pro it's your picture. At the moment the file is anonymous. There is no name on the file and no © Erik Jonas. This is a picture worth putting your name to.

What got you to pose this picture, this way? Where is the location. I like very much what I see and hope you will follow up with brothers and sisters to this picture, as isolated, no matter what you say about any edition you are making, this picture cannot amount to much without more n a series. So, right now s an excellent opportunity to work hard and get another whole bunch of related pictures so we will see some thread of continuity going from one to another. I feel that this picture, if you can deliver its neighbors, (not real people, just variations on your theme) can take you far. If the next picture is a tree or a motorbike, I will not know what to think. Not that I would deem to undervalue your last motorbike shot, (it was fun and fine), but this one has to my mind a lot of potential.

I dd look at the histogram in Photoshop and see that you changed the lighting somewhat. Do that in 16 BIT, if you can so the file does not get damaged. Consider moving the right slider on the histogram towards the left to just approach the beginning of data and you will see here face light's up close to the window and the effect is impressive.

Good job,

Asher

Have you already cropped this picture. Anyway to get it to 16x20 you will have to sacrifice 2.4 inches as the proportion here is off!

ErikJonas

Banned
Asher...This is a 5 by 7 crop and heres what i am doing...I sell 5 by 7's as theres a good demand for them when i do shows but on the 5 by 7's more of a post card i make the water mark a bit bigger so that it gets in peoples mind more...I started saving these as web files in a lower resolution for posting places such as here....If i saved the full print where the watermark is more blended in it would not be seen at all when posted on line in a web size....If you follow that...

While i'd like to edit and post more of these from this series...That last bike shot...Yeah theres a big tattoo covered biker that wants to see the bike images and the two free ones i promised him for allowing the use of his bike and Asher this guys big...While you have a degree of intimidation his is on a much larger scale and Kaye is waiting for a number of her images.....I have another shoot i have to do with Kaye and a custom built Pan Head (bike,old school looking) thats being shipped to Swizerland and sunday i am shooting Kaye and Brittany with Amanda doing the make-up and Amanda is going to let us use her Corvette C6 and Shelby Cobra Mustang for the shoot...(Amanda is my best friend)

Anyway bottom line I'm burried....Now if only i could be getting paid for any aspect of this....One day i will......Back to editing...Tomorrow i get the above printed to show Brittany the actual print and i guess Brittant who saw it on my camera when i first shot it got all excited and told her mom about it and she too is wanting to see it...This image i posted another place on the web and in 30 seconds it was commented on by a female photographer as being "dreamy"

Asher Kelman

Erik,

Simple feedback! I like the picture, explain it. The setting and any more planned. This is worth focusing on. Forget about the name of the girls, who you are managing, the size of the prints etc. Just this picture. I like it. You should be proud. Tell us what you were thinking. What plans if any do you have for doing more like this.

Asher

charlie chipman

I like the picture Erik but not so much how washed out it is.
I feel it would have stronger visual impact if the tonality was more dynamic.
As you have displayed it here there is no real black shadows or white highlights, just grey.

I have not seen pictures come out of any of my camera's so lacking dynamic range (unless a custom curve had been uploaded into the camera).

I suppose that you move the black and white points of your photograph towards grey purposely, part of your style I presume?

Asher Kelman

I like the picture Erik but not so much how washed out it is.
I feel it would have stronger visual impact if the tonality was more dynamic.
As you have displayed it here there is no real black shadows or white highlights, just grey.

I have not seen pictures come out of any of my camera's so lacking dynamic range (unless a custom curve had been uploaded into the camera).

I suppose that you move the black and white points of your photograph towards grey purposely, part of your style I presume?

Erik,

This is the one comment that keeps coming up. What do you do to your pictures that removes the brights and the darks? You are at least consistent but is this your intention. Not say it's wrong but seems surprising to use an expensive camera and not use the whole set of data fully.

If this is what you like, then fine. If it's an accident of how you process the image file, then tell us so someone can sort it out. given that I like the image, it is worth asking such questions.

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned
Asher.....Why do you say that i am stripping away the EXIF of which i dont know much about...I had made a post about how to save that information...As for the circled C all of my images have my water mark on them, and your saying this is not good enough?....Just asking as its the first i have heard of this...

You had said forget about the girls name...I think thats insulting to the girl who spends her time working with me so that i can get images, if you understand what i mean?..The mention of her name that small amount of credit is the least that can be done for her or any model...Perhaps i misunderstood the intent of what you were saying...I do understand about the print size being information thats not needed and will try to keep that in mind,thanks....

I will do my best to find in what your saying in things you mention about my images and again thankyou for the time to mention things.

The setting was her apartment...I had this song in my head the last few days by Sting off the Brand New Day cd...."The Song A Thousand years"....No one here probably knows the song but it fits the above image and some of the others from the set.....Brittany has done some shooting but not with anyone that cared or instructed her so i set all the poses and did most of them with her looking off camera as she needs to get use to being in front of the camera first and foremost...

This image is not nearly as good as some of my stuff with Jordan but i need to get back into the sawing of things with models.....

Mr. Chipman.....Thankyou for adding your thoughts on this....There seems to be huge differance between what others see on thier monitor and what i am viewing....The image that i see has a very white winow frame and areas of dark shadows.The carpet is gray as thats its color....Someone said it could be how i am saving my web files which i didnt know theres a way to save them thats better then others....You asked "I suppose that you move the black and white points of your photograph towards grey purposely" .....I dont know how to this or what you mean by it...Elements version 4 is what i have, i adjust contrast and mid tones those are all i have the options to do...

Asher you wanted to see more.....This image i shot over exsposed and then tried to correct it some...but it was the one shot that i got a really good smile from her...The image is notihng thats going to be one anyone here likes but i wanted to respond to this and with a image and have not had the time to edit the others...I wont have the time to edit them till tuesday....

Tell you what Asher how about this...I will send you a unedited image of Brittany its the next one i had planned on editing...Come wednesday i'll post mine here in this thread and you can post yours in this thread and we'll see what each other came up with...Does that sound like a plan?....Now...If i dont get some of kaye's images edited shes going to kill me, and shes a hunter, owns a very nice rifle....

4506973558_0a2e1970a8_o.jpg

It was shot over exsposed and i tried to adjust it back...I almost think the bright over exsposed one looked better.