• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Changing Times!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I want to dedicate this thread to Cem Usaklgil a friend whose work we have followed for years in the pages of OPF. Also, as you know he has worked, literally yeoman hours devoted to the forum. I am personally very proud to have seen the growth in Cem's work and appreciate the help he has given whenever I've asked him and when he just volunteered.

Cem is on his own path with a mature vision for his photography and a devotion to his family, his friends at OPF and his photography. Now he has to re-nvest the time he has generously given us, until now, to his own needs. This will allow even more progress in photography, so we consider this move more of a graduation than a loss. I personally will still be chatting with him on the phone and intend to visit with him in Europe later this year.

I just wanted everyone to know that there is no falling out, no argument, just a realignment of energies and for all the best reasons. Cem has the highest values, is a devoted friend and we all wish him further success on the next part of his artistic life.

I, too, will surely miss Cem. I was hoping to follow his goings on via his web site. Sadly, it's gone too.

edit.begin
It turns out that it's still there; he added his first name to the address.
edit,end

John Angulat

pro member
Cem, you shall be missed!
Your presence here at OPF is huge and you leave some very big shoes to be filled.
I wish you well in your endeavors.
Life is all about balance, priorities and sorting out the two.
Looks like your're headed in the right direction.
Please try to stay in touch, pop around every now and then, and tell us that you're doing fine!

fahim mohammed

Cem, I shall miss you on OPF. But I am sure we will keep in touch.

Wishing and your family the best.

Thanks for being our friend.

Asher Kelman

To all Cem's fans,

We will try to keep you up to date with Cem's work. It's like this. OPF is just a "Yellow Tour Bus" helping each of us on our own personal journey. While we are riding together, we help one another and share for fun and to help us get where we are going. In this time, we also get and give support for other's needs, wishes and whims. Some are always expected to get on and at some time get off. Cem has done this innumerable times, officially and unofficially. His work is now mature and he has his own voice, vision and goals and just needs to work on the his chosen priorities. He didn't travel with us for free, not ever and his posts are still here and worth revisiting many times over.

Asher

Michael Brown

Although I have not posted within these forums that much, (but I do visit it a lot), I have always noticed that Cem was always a force here.
His time and devotion most certainly has been noticed!

Good luck Cem, ... and keep poking your head in here from time to time.

Michael Brown

Asher Kelman

Although I have not posted within these forums that much, (but I do visit it a lot), I have always noticed that Cem was always a force here.
His time and devotion most certainly has been noticed!

Good luck Cem, ... and keep poking your head in here from time to time.

Michael Brown
Michael,

You good wishes will be given to Cem. I'd suggest folk go over his posts on portals and that will be an inspiration. Look at his pictures using HDR, you will be impressed.

Look at his pictures of canals from Holland barges and reflections. It's a good journey!

Asher