• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Moment in Time, via The New York Times

John Angulat

pro member
Imagine if everyone in the world snapped just one image, at the same time, of what may be happening around them?
Well, The New York Times is at it again.
The event is this Sunday 2 May 2010. The time is 1500 U.T.C / G.M.T.
I don't think the Times expects the entire world to participate, however I'm sure we'll see some intriguing shots.
Here's a link for those interested in partcipating: http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/30/readers-11/?scp=1&sq=moment in time&st=cse

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
John,

I think that's a great idea. It's revealing to see what reach to the crannies of human life folk with cameras have. Let's all have a go at it!

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Well John, I know what I´ll be doing this Sunday at 15:00 (10:00 in Panama), thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Ruben Alfu

Did anybody submit a picture for this?

Post the link to yours if you did.

Here is mine, it sometimes takes a while to load given the nature of the "interactive gallery".

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/05/03/blogs/a-moment-in-time.html/#/4be3a610db799a3c9e000499

Very cool Charlie, that´s your friend the musician right?

Here´s mine, some hungry "beasts" I found LOL, I had posted this one here at OPF too.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/05/03/blogs/a-moment-in-time.html#/4bde38f50bca25105800020e

charlie chipman

Nice shot Ruben, how did you manage that angle?

Very cool Charlie, that´s your friend the musician right?

Actually that is me, I got some sort of a spider bite that got infected so they shoved a picc line in my arm and I had to administer myself vancomycin (an antibiotic) every 12 hours for 4 days. It just so happened that 8am was both the time of the NY times deal as well as my morning dosage of antibiotics.

Ruben Alfu

Nice shot Ruben, how did you manage that angle?
This nest is in a branch about 6 feet high, so a stepped onto a ladder with a 50mm macro. Now you know how close I was to the poor baby birds. Lots of motivation and lots of ignorance on my part. Won't do that again.

Actually that is me, I got some sort of a spider bite that got infected so they shoved a picc line in my arm and I had to administer myself vancomycin (an antibiotic) every 12 hours for 4 days. It just so happened that 8am was both the time of the NY times deal as well as my morning dosage of antibiotics.

I hope you are doing well now Charlie, that's a unique story behind that moment in time anyway.