• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Travel Alert

James Lemon

A world wide travel alert has been imposed. What does this mean that we are supposed to be on the look out for terrorists ? There is a better chance that you will kill yourself than being killed by someone else, so does this mean that we are supposed to be careful when traveling?

Tom dinning

Registrant*
A world wide travel alert has been imposed. What does this mean that we are supposed to be on the look out for terrorists ? There is a better chance that you will kill yourself than being killed by someone else, so does this mean that we are supposed to be careful when traveling?

"Be careful".
Like, you wouldn't be normally?
And how is one "more careful"?
Maybe it means "more aware"
Treat everyone with suspicion, especially those with a swarthy complexion caring an AK 47 or wired.
Keep away from concerts, hotels, cafes, schools, hospitals, marathons, sporting events, shopping malls.
Wear a flack vest, carry a copy of the Koran and learn to play dead.
Keep off trains, planes and buses.

Oh, one more thing. When in Italy, avoid crossing roads, especially at a pedestrian crossing.
Those Italian drivers are terrorists in their own right.

Dave Butcher

For me it is being even more aware of what is going on around me and maybe not taking that one photo. I live in Las Vegas and as a pho-tog that combs the streets on my days off I am very leery of the streets right now. Yet I go out when I can in search of the perfect photo, just like I fought fires. Since I have worked for many years in the bad sections of Las Vegas I have learned to trust my instincts and my gut (that is from my firefighting days). I have one rule if it does not feel right I get the hell out of dodge. Even in the United States.