• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

For the Sake of a Tri-ing Angle '16

Paul Abbott

This turbine is located in a farmer's field close by to where I live and so I wandered over and photographed it just for fun, against a featureless blue sky. Again, it afforded me with another negative approach.
I suppose I should be more positive really, but how could I with such a simple apparatus... :)

turbine_2_1_of_1_900.jpg

For the Sake of a Tri-ing Angle '16 - Paul Abbott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This turbine is located in a farmer's field close by to where I live and so I wandered over and photographed it just for fun, against a featureless blue sky. Again, it afforded me with another negative approach.
I suppose I should be more positive really, but how could I with such a simple apparatus... :)

turbine_2_1_of_1_900.jpg

Tom Dinning would throw a justifiable fit if I suggested this to him, but did you need to crop so close?

This work is elegant and magnificent but why does it not deserve more space!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Paul,

Great shot! Thanks.

Sorry, I don't understand that.

Best regards,

Doug

Paul Abbott

Asher, this was shot with a lowly 28mm perspective. I guess my 21mm would stand in good order really. Yes, I agree with you, some more of that emotional space...

It's worth a shot with more space, but I would want something else happening within that space, like a plane and it's vapour trail, or just a set of criss-crossing vapour trails maybe. That can happen a lot around here...Duly noted. :)

In regards to Tom, if he can't take it, don't make it (in more ways than one). To think, that guy is a teacher an' all. 8)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
turbine_2_1_of_1_900.jpg

Asher, this was shot with a lowly 28mm perspective. I guess my 21mm would stand in good order really. Yes, I agree with you, some more of that emotional space...

Of course, Paul, the GR is just perfect with the 21mm add on lens!

It's worth a shot with more space, but I would want something else happening within that space, like a plane and it's vapour trail, or just a set of criss-crossing vapour trails maybe. That can happen a lot around here...Duly noted. :)

But here, we have our imagination, Paul. Can't we trust that, just once in a while?

Asher

Paul Abbott

Asher, imagination is good, but is imagining things in someone's photographs a good thing or has the photographer not delivered on that front?! :)

I can appreciate one's imagination being used on a photographic image of a nude or model though...