• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cityscapes

Cem_Usakligil

We need to share more photos of architecture and cityscapes. Here's one from Lisbon.

f35860.jpg

fahim mohammed

I really like your placement when taking this image Cem.
It gives this space the depth and angular accentuation to let the viewer really feel to be approaching this
place.

As usual Cem, excellent continuation of your cityscape series.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We need to share more photos of architecture and cityscapes. Here's one from Lisbon.

f35860.jpg

A great introduction to this impressive and uplifting site, Cem!

I guess the wall is made up of custom tiles. Is there a link to explain the architecture and this impressive mural you have teased us with?

Others may know this on a glance, I must admit, your picture here is my first view of this interesting work.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I like how graffiti has become a thing.
Also ramps.
It now takes longer to get there but at least there's something to look at on the way up.
This place has more angles than a teenager in trouble.
Your photos always keep my mind active, Cem
Xx

Cem_Usakligil

Thanks Fahim, Asher, Tom and other Tom,

This place is just outside a modern hotel in Lisbon. The most coherent info I could find about it is this:

Superhero Mural

This huge tile panel was created by Icelandic artist Erró and is found by the VIP Art’s Hotel on Parque das Nações. It’s one of the many works of public art in this part of Lisbon and illustrates several characters of the comics and science fiction worlds, from Superman to Spider-Man. The postmodernist painter has many of his works at the Reykjavik Art Museum and is inspired by American Pop Art.

This place has been photographed a million times, just search it on the net. So my photograph is not adding much to the documentation of this particular place. As Fahim asked elsewhere why we do take photographs, I took this one because I had to. Much like the story about climbing a mountain because it's there.

Cem_Usakligil

I like the construction of the first image very much. But I just wonder: did you use a shift lens?
I knew that you would notice it Jerome, lol. Yes indeed, I have shot it with a 24mm T/S lens. It was taken handheld, so the verticals are less then perfect.

Michael Nagel

Thanks for digging out this old thread.

Cem - I hope you don't mind - here is an addition contrasting your picture. This is from Bern, Switzerland:

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for digging out this old thread.

Cem - I hope you don't mind - here is an addition contrasting your picture. This is from Bern, Switzerland:

Best regards,
Michael

Michael,

This is so different from Cem's painted walls which, likely as not, represents the work of a small group of cooperating artists or one person. It's very creative and here the community has voices that are aspirational.

Your photograph shows a stable community with what are apparently well-tended vegetable gardens, packed into the small green spaces between buildings. This shows the intensity of interdependence, independant spirit and value of healthy relationship with the earth of our planet.

Asher