• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Colours

Antonio Correia

One thing that I don't like so much here is the colour of the background as white.

I decrease the brightness of the monitor - very easy on the Mac - but I sometimes feel tired after reading under so much light...

Does this happen with you ?

I like black as background colour, far more than this one.

I do not want such thing to be changed, obviously.

Who am I to ask so ? :)

I am just asking your opinion about it.

Asher: can we have a poll over this ? :)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Antonio
this has been discussed in the early times of OPF and AFAI remember, the thread was closed...
However I'd like to point out two comments:

1- Background is NOT white, it is a light blue that have been chosen to give some rest to the eyes.
If you see the background as white, it means that you either have to calbrate your monitor either to change it...
Will be good for you postproduction of your pics too!

2- Though blue the background is effectively quite bright.
Have you ever ever seen a gallery whith black walls ?
If you want your posted picture to be isolated from the rest of the page, you can still in PS or CS make a colored frame around...

Have a great night with nice light around...

Antonio Correia

D'accord. Merci.
Je suis donc un peu en retard, quoi ...

OK. Thank you.
I am a bit late then...

Change monitor ? LOL LOL

nicolas claris

Antonio Correia said:
Change monitor ? LOL LOL
Please take no offense, it was one of two suggestions as I do not know the monitor you have.
If it's a good one, obviously it needs to be calibrated!

So do I regularly LOL LOL

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes we duscussed it a lot. Still this and any other suggestions you can still sned to me for my library of ideas. not that we can use them, but it helps overall address concenrs when we do something else.

I can forsee added ventures for the look and feels of OPF, but the site was designed to have a certain ambience. We will try to grow in character and depth and as we do we'll add sections or design elements and so new ideas will have a place.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Nicolas Claris said:
Please take no offense, it was one of two suggestions as I do not know the monitor you have.
If it's a good one, obviously it needs to be calibrated!

So do I regularly LOL LOL

Offense Nicolas ??? Mais ça vas pas, non ?
Why ?
:) :)

nicolas claris

Well Antonio
let's keep our portofrancoEnglish so everyone can participate!

I thaught that you could have been offended by my remark about your monitor, cause
Change monitor ? LOL LOL

Sorry if I misunderstood you!

BTW what monitor do you use for your postproduction?

Antonio Correia

Nicolas Claris said:
Well Antonio
let's keep our portofrancoEnglish so everyone can participate!

I thaught that you could have been offended by my remark about your monitor, cause

Sorry if I misunderstood you!

BTW what monitor do you use for your postproduction?

I was translating to English... :)
This is what I have:

119480457-M.jpg
119480425-M.jpg

nicolas claris

I understand now why you don't want to change your monitor!
I don't think a 17" can display such resolution, I even doubt a 20" can... 24" then?
I'm amazed that you don't know !;-)

Antonio Correia

Nicolas Claris said:
I understand now why you don't want to change your monitor!
I don't think a 17" can display such resolution, I even doubt a 20" can... 24" then?
I'm amazed that you don't know !;-)

Nicolas.
The think is that it was my son who "sold" me the computer.
He uses and loves Mac.
I had a ... one of the others and I wanted something faster.
He suggested this one.
I promise I am going to ask him which size is this. :)
I am a zero in computers. :(
It's large, beautiful and good. :)
The monitor is very good.

nicolas claris

For sure it must be, but should display our light blue background!

The amazing thing is that my son (23) doesn't understand anything about computers though he works all day long editing movies in Final Cut Pro!

Ray West

Antonio,

take a metre rule, shove it diagonally across the screen. If it's a thin, flat (lcd) screen, the diagonal measurement will be the visible area. Measure it in centi-metres.

If its a glass, cathode ray tube (big box type display) then the measurement you need will be to the corners of the glass tube, probably hid behind the bezel, so add on, say, two centi-metres to the diagonal measurement. Either case, take the measurement, divide it by 2.54 to get that funny old inch thing. ;-)

On the pc, the colour seems to be very near white. You have an option of darkening the text - bottom left - quick style chooser.

Best wishes,

Ray

Antonio Correia

Nicolas Claris said:
For sure it must be, but should display our light blue background!

The amazing thing is that my son (23) doesn't understand anything about computers though he works all day long editing movies in Final Cut Pro!

It's light blue in fact :)
My son is 29.
I'm ... no... yes: 58 :):)

Antonio Correia

Ray West said:
Antonio,

take a metre rule, shove it diagonally across the screen. If it's a thin, flat (lcd) screen, the diagonal measurement will be the visible area. Measure it in centi-metres.

If its a glass, cathode ray tube (big box type display) then the measurement you need will be to the corners of the glass tube, probably hid behind the bezel, so add on, say, two centi-metres to the diagonal measurement. Either case, take the measurement, divide it by 2.54 to get that funny old inch thing. ;-)

On the pc, the colour seems to be very near white. You have an option of darkening the text - bottom left - quick style chooser.

Best wishes,

Ray

Come on ray... :) Does it really matters ?
Any way I got up and measured the centimeters and its 51 cms.
So, 51/2,54 returns 20.0.
Than it's the 21". Am I right ?

Well a luxury that's what it is !
I deserve it !
I deserve also my 320 cd automatic 150 HP mystic blue :)

Antonio Correia

Nicolas Claris said:
Hi again Antonio

Another way to measure it is to check how much you paid for it! lololol
I'm 54 nolol ohno

A lot my friend. A lot... :)
So, you and I we are from the same generation.
After the war, which had an impact absolutely different in France and in Portugal where Salazar - friend of Hitler - kept Nazis outside...

But we are supposed to like the same idols: Silvie Vartan, Jonhny Halliday but mainly the British Beatles, Crosby, Stills Nash and Young, Chicago, Bufullo Springfield, what's the name of that woman who dyied of drugs whose song was Oh Lord buy me a Mercedes Benz all my friends drive Porches and I must make amens ... ? Strong voice. Not Areta Franklin, she was black, ... ...Janis Joplin Yes!

nicolas claris

LOL
but for me you can avoid the French ones that are on your list, not that I'm against French musicians, but these 2 ones were/are not my favorites and the later is Swiss now!
I'm leaving for a few days and be back only in 2007

Have all great night with Eve (or Adam....,-)