• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Everything new sucks"

Cem_Usakligil

We know that the way (in)famous Ken Rockwell operates is by crying out wolf all the time and putting forward controversial theories with which he attracts attention to himself. The best remedy is to pay no attention to his ramblings but the article he has posted today called "Everything new sucks" is so extreme, I had to share it with you here. He himself introduces the article saying:
This is a little less positive than most of my writing, and I provide solutions for everything that sucks.
Beware before you read it and take your blood pressure pills just to make sure ;-)

Cheers,

Richard Peters

I actually can't be bothered to read it. I went to the page, skim read about 5 lines and decided it wasn't worth my time. He only writes this stuff to drive traffic to the site to make money through his links. Fair enough, no harm in that if it works. But I've read enough on his site in the past to know that it's not worth going over there unless I'm REALLY bored.

ErikJonas

Banned
I read through it and agreed with some of the things he thinks suck...And that the cosumer is easily misled....But i got to the part about cameras and was wondeing what the hell he was talking about......

"Even if you get a digital camera set and ready to go, you have to try each picture six times looking at the LCD, until you get a good result."

I only look at my LCD when i have to or from time to time. If your meter is working right its not any differant then shooting film...The nice thing about digital is its easier to take a couple extras just in case but you should be just fine with one shot most the time film or digital...

As for the other things a lot of the times theres not the quality in the product.

Oh and Richard....Really nice web site you have....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
He only writes this stuff to drive traffic to the site to make money through his links. Fair enough, no harm in that if it works. But I've read enough on his site in the past to know that it's not worth going over there unless I'm REALLY bored.

Sometimes I think, hmm, that guy gets a lot of money, what can I learn from him? Today I realized the answer!

Asher