• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Adobe Creative Suite 5 launch

Cem_Usakligil

The most amazing thing is if they have included the technique to move objects by selecting them and then the software, looking at the neighboring background, calculates what should be there and builds it automatically!

Asher
Aaah, the horror of it! We are totally doomed, lol.

Cheers,

The most amazing thing is if they have included the technique to move objects by selecting them and then the software, looking at the neighboring background, calculates what should be there and builds it automatically!

Yes, they expanded on the "Content Aware" resizing method as can be seen in the Video in this link, and used it to fill in areas. That's one nifty feature, very useful for panoramas and other cleaning up chores.

Cheers,
Bart

Last edited:

Nill Toulme

Reminds me of the story of the family that brought their only photo of dear departed Uncle Bert to the retoucher. Bert was milking a cow, and the photo was shot from the other side of the cow, so that only his legs and hands were visible.

"What would you like me to do?" asked the retoucher.

"Well, could you move the cow, so that we can see Uncle Bert?"

I guess it's only a matter of time.

Nill

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Reminds me of the story of the family that brought their only photo of dear departed Uncle Bert to the retoucher. Bert was milking a cow, and the photo was shot from the other side of the cow, so that only his legs and hands were visible.

"What would you like me to do?" asked the retoucher.

"Well, could you move the cow, so that we can see Uncle Bert?"

I guess it's only a matter of time.

Nill

That's so funny, Nill!

Some more sneak peeks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNR0n_IK7MM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8sEGVoTW9Q

And a bit more algorithm background info about the content aware image completion feature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgKjs8ZjQNg&NR=1

No promises that it's going to be included are being made, yet, but I don't think they would have shown this to only disappoint us upon formal release of CS5 (notably the Photoshop part of it).

It would indeed be nice if not most of the resources were only spent by recoding the Mac version in a different development environment, amongst others making it fit for 64-bits memory addressing like the Windows version, but for some really useful feature enhancements as well. Unfortunately, to date, no news about improved HDR support though ...

Cheers,
Bart

Joe Thomas

I think the new content aware fill is going to make it easier to remove watermarks. By the previews, I don't know how well it will work across complex backgrounds and removing a watermark, but I suspect that it will help make things easier.

This is a good chance to remember that if retaining the copyrights of your photos is important you shouldn't rely solely on watermarks, but also consider placing copyright information in the meta files of each photo you put online. Just to be doubly protected.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
And some more good news, ACR6 specific:
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2010/04/preview_of_lens_correction_sol.html

Do note that this is not going to be implemented in ACR version 6.0 just yet, but in version 6.1 which would normally be issued in about 13 weeks after the 6.0 release scheduled later this April or early May.

Cheers,
Bart

Bart,

This lens profilng tool in RAW 6 in CS5 seems quite a potentially good tool. Have you managed to make a profile of any lenses yet. I was wondering about the TSE 24mm II.

Maybe we could post profiles here. Or is there a (virus-free) site already for that?

Asher

Bart,

This lens profilng tool in RAW 6 in CS5 seems quite a potentially good tool. Have you managed to make a profile of any lenses yet. I was wondering about the TSE 24mm II.

Maybe we could post profiles here. Or is there a (virus-free) site already for that?

Hi Asher, I haven't tried it yet, because C1 is my main Raw converter, and also because I am a bit busy with other tasks. I don't expect the TS-E 24mm II to need much correction anyway ...

As far as I know there is already a built-in sharing possibility of the profiles one creates, I just haven't looked at the procedure (they are probably hosted by Adobe).

Cheers,
Bart