• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Low Price cameras never delivered

Arnie Yoina

I have been given the run around for the past two months on a Canon XTi camera body that was advertised by Best Price Cameras at the low price of $229.00. I call them every week just to see what excuse they have for not delivering and all they say is thatis will take another two to six weeks. They do not try to switch me to another camera at a higher price. I can't understand their reason for baiting customers and not delivering. It has gotten to be a game now and I am stubborn enough to try to wait them out as I don't need the camera, I just waant to see what they will say a month from now. hey have not charged my credit card, but I do have a confirmed order number from them.

Have any of you had the same experience and what did you do. Did you ever get the camera?? There are several more photo equipment companies on the Internet that are advertisng this camea at extremely low prices.

Arnie Yoina

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have been given the run around for the past two months on a Canon XTi camera body that was advertised by Best Price Cameras at the low price of $229.00. I call them every week just to see what excuse they have for not delivering and all they say is thatis will take another two to six weeks. They do not try to switch me to another camera at a higher price. I can't understand their reason for baiting customers and not delivering. It has gotten to be a game now and I am stubborn enough to try to wait them out as I don't need the camera, I just waant to see what they will say a month from now. hey have not charged my credit card, but I do have a confirmed order number from them.

Have any of you had the same experience and what did you do. Did you ever get the camera?? There are several more photo equipment companies on the Internet that are advertisng this camea at extremely low prices.

Arnie Yoina

You should get to know the value of ResellerRatings.com as they will save your hide, money and blood pressure! If you can get them to deliver your camera, hire yourself out as a rainmaker too, since the latter might be far easier a job!

I don't want to say the simplistic, "If it seems to good a deal, run away" warning, but this is a cheap lesson!

Their 6 month rating is reported ad just 0.34 compared to 7.55 for internet store average!

Anyway they have improved from a very, very abysmal record of satisfaction of 0.25 (336 reviews!) out of a possible 10 points to the palin very abysmal record of 0.34 (89 reviews!

This is important to determine before hand. Just get your money back! If this was with a credit card, get them to cancel payment because of lack of delivery of the camera, plain and simple?

Was this a new camera? If so the price is below 50% of the lowest I could find, and I wouldn't buy it that low anyway!

Sorry you are having this problem. Why not look for a used camera here? Lots of folks will be having cameras to sell as they buy the new 40D, 1DIII, 1DSIII, Nikons, Leica, Pentax K10D and so forth.

The XTi is a great camera for the money, but getting from one of these places means trouble from the start!

Good luck! If they are in New york, likely they are already under investigation or indictment by the New York State Attorney General's Office!

Asher

John_Nevill

If its any consolation, last year a very large internet outlet (aka rain forest) advertised a canon selphy printer at an unbelievable price, so I ordered one!

My order was confirmed and I recieved a "dispatching in two days" notfication. Well two days came and went, so did 3 months of email exchanges regarding "where are my goods" followed by constantly revised shipping dates and back order excuses. Unfortunately the supplier had no phone number, only online contact forms via India.

I never did get the item, infact I was actually threatened at one point after I suggested that the UK's office of fair trading might be interested in my case.

Anyhow the way they got out of the deal, was the item went obsolete, so after many months they had a viable excuse. An alternative product was offered at full retail price, obviously I declined.