• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another Random Portrait!

James Lemon

i-5rvGPf9-L.jpg

Paul Abbott

Hey James, with respect i've never known a portrait shot where the subject looks so compromised within the frame. What happened?

James Lemon

Thank you all for your comments and feedback! This is how he revealed himself...I don't coax expressions and I don't wait for a mood that I may think is appropriate.

Best, regards
James

I'm curious though. I'm quite shy to ask a stranger to take their picture. Do most say yes? Do they ask why? Have you ever been shy about asking or do you just wait for them to turn towards you and take the pic. I know some pretend they are taking pictures of something else.

James Lemon

I'm curious though. I'm quite shy to ask a stranger to take their picture. Do most say yes? Do they ask why? Have you ever been shy about asking or do you just wait for them to turn towards you and take the pic. I know some pretend they are taking pictures of something else.

Hello Maggie

Thank you for asking! Generally I am not shy but with some cultures it is very important to get permission from the elders. I do some candid street from time to time. The odd person does not want to be photographed- but the majority don't mind. The more you engage someone the easer it is in asking. I don't like to take up too much of a person's time and I will usually take about two or three shots. Some do ask why, so I explain what I find interesting about them and assure them that they will make a great picture!

Best, regards

James

Antonio Correia

That is James, about the same procedure I do with people.

It is curious when people ask us to be in their own pictures because they find us... curious :) (!?).

Thank you for sharing ! :)

James Lemon

That is James, about the same procedure I do with people.

It is curious when people ask us to be in their own pictures because they find us... curious :) (!?).

Thank you for sharing ! :)

Hello Antonio

For sure it is but it's difficult telling them I don't like having my picture taken.:)

Best, regards

James