• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Images from the afternoon walks

Antonio Correia

18th October 2014
i-QFJZ68F-X2.jpg

Michael Nagel

I see three elements here:
The right light.
Someone with a camera at the right place.
He knew how to make the best out of that situation.

Great pictures Antonio!

Best regards,
Michael

Antonio Correia

Thank you Michael and Asher. I always appreciate your comments.
I hope to be able to post another one today after our evening walk.
I have already in mind what to photograph. ;)

Antonio Correia

Thank you Jarmo. :)
Today we have walked on the beach. It was 28 Celcius and no wind. The tide was lowering. I didn't bath but the water was pleasant, not cold.

Trying to produce an image out of a vulgar beach can be a difficult task.
I have made some clichées like the sun set for example, which are already in the bin. The movement of the water can be difficult to get if one wants to get out of the ordinary.
I did my best.
i-QkGMxcD-X2.jpg

Antonio Correia

Just photographs when walking on a daily basis... no project. Just simple images taken at random.

There are no squirrels here but rather boars rarely seen but leaving marks on the field.

i-C6qPhHB-X2.jpg

Antonio. These are amazing. And yes, even simple water, a bit of sand or just a lone sky. You manage to bring us there and breath the same air. Gorgeous work!
:)
Maggie

Antonio Correia

Thank you James. :)

Everyday we go to this place we find a different light and different clouds of course, but in this day the Sun in a low angle and I was able to get the picture.

This time a section in a path.

i-8KTPCLR-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you James. :)

Everyday we go to this place we find a different light and different clouds of course, but in this day the Sun in a low angle and I was able to get the picture.

This time a section in a path.

i-8KTPCLR-X2.jpg

I was going to choose the picture of thee deer raised on it's hind legs reaching up to graze on some leaves, but then this picture has a similar sense of "dimensional activism". We see a cut through the earth layers as if we have witnessed some movement of slumbering earth, getting to a more comfortable position.

This is way beyond your still darkened intimate portraits of "people one would want to know" in your home town of Setubal, Portugal. Surprisngly, you are using new tools here and it's very lively and full of surprises on this nature walk.

Thanks for inviting us along! :)

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. As always.

You make me believe I can do good photography. You feed my soul and ego ! But I think I know how to refrain myself.

I will show you what I can get in the tours/rides of the next days... ;)

Perhaps a - no - For sure, very different scenarios/ambiances at least for what I am used to.

Asher Kelman

Just photographs when walking on a daily basis... no project. Just simple images taken at random.

There are no squirrels here but rather boars rarely seen but leaving marks on the field.

i-C6qPhHB-X2.jpg

"Simple images taken at random"

That, Antonio is a nice modest statement, but hardly true!

This humble image has a world of trees, a sharp edge of broken land, glistening water and a responding counter edge of mud, as if a major block buster epic event is about to unfold.

This picture is extraordinarily selected to make the composition as you have done. Pat yourself on the back. Not an ordinary tap, but one with a hearty thump and then take a good glass of wine, lift it up, swirl the red around the glass, sniff it and taste and be delighted that you have been chosen to have talent!

Asher

Antonio Correia

You and your kind words Asher... thank you ! :)
But what am I supposed to do with this talent ? LOL
-
Thank you Klaus. You have to come to Portugal some day. :)
-
Here goes a recent photograph (rather in a hurry and with some limitations) from California USA, treated in my old Apple with a Panasonic GX7+Olympus 12-40 1/2.8

i-xdd2sTZ-X2.png

Antonio Correia

Thank you Michael ! :)
I think that at this very moment it was not snowing...
The flocks were small falling for short periods and the general light was rather grey/bluish.
Any way, I had not noticed the bluish haze ! Thank you :)
Regards ! :)

Asher Kelman

Back home and back to the afternoon walks.

i-68Nw7nT-X2.jpg

Antonio,

The colors and composition are so bucolic! Thanks. I can skip therapy for a month! Chopping off the crowns of the trees, makes us look downwards and appreciate better the ground and the narrow worn, but overgrown path. It's so surprisingly bold, untidy and yet satisfying.

Again, you have shown an ability to freeze for us sublime moments from your afternoon walks. I do want to know what you wear and do you use a cane and good walking shoes, or just sneakers? With the immediate "presence" of your sightseeing trips, the idea of "What camera did you use?", becomes mute.

Asher