• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Homage: Our Own Pictures Inspired by a Work of Art Get inspired: Elliott Erwitt: "Sequentially Yours"

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
79578_C.jpg

79578_3.jpg

This great book of classical photography is a sure stimulus for so many photographers. Read more here. :)

I hope you'll enjoy it too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

dsc09225CC_2014_ACR B&W.jpg

dsc09226CC_2014_ACR B&W.jpg

Asher Kelman: Kids!

Sony A7R Contax Distagon MM "Anniversary" 28mm 2.0

Just my "downpayment" to get us started. More sequences to follow.

Search your files and "Happy shooting"!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Yes, that's the style. Is it his? Fab sequence!

What's the story, James? Aren't these from before your birth, LOL!

Well, let's see......EXIF----- it was taken with a 5DII in 2012 at 1/160th sec! So was this at some expo or from the theater or TV screen?

Asher

James Lemon

Yes, that's the style. Is it his? Fab sequence!

What's the story, James? Aren't these from before your birth, LOL!

Well, let's see......EXIF----- it was taken with a 5DII in 2012 at 1/160th sec! So was this at some expo or from the theater or TV screen?

Asher

Hi Asher
This was before my Leica days. Why.... what's on your television?

James

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher
This was before my Leica days. Why.... what's on your television?
James,

I never realized this vintage models could still work with modern broadcast! Do folk really still have such TV sets. This seems like a "collectable". Frankly I was totally into about 1960!

Asher

James Lemon

James,

I never realized this vintage models could still work with modern broadcast! Do folk really still have such TV sets. This seems like a "collectable". Frankly I was totally into about 1960!

Asher

I love B/W movies but I only have just one channel. LOL

James

Asher Kelman

Once again the Farmers' Market in Beverly Hills, a social place for men too to catch up and explain one's plans and argue for what consumes them most!

dsc09253CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09254CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09255CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09256CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09257CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09258CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

Asher Kelman: Men Catching up!"

Beverly Hills Farmers' Markety July 5th 2015

Sony A7R with Zeiss Contax MM,
28mm 2.0 "Anniversary" Lens

I am fascinated with such encounters all over the market! This one was surprisingly deep and concentrated and lasted over five and a half minutes!

Perhaps markets are also therapeutic, LOL!

Asher

James Lemon

Once again the Farmers' Market in Beverly Hills, a social place for men too to catch up and explain one's plans and argue for what consumes them most!

dsc09253CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09254CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09255CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09256CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09257CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

dsc09258CC_2014_ACR_B&W.jpg

Asher Kelman: Men Catching up!"

Beverly Hills Farmers' Markety July 5th 2015

Sony A7R with Zeiss Contax MM,
28mm 2.0 "Anniversary" Lens

I am fascinated with such encounters all over the market! This one was surprisingly deep and concentrated and lasted over five and a half minutes!

Perhaps markets are also therapeutic, LOL!

Asher

Its an interesting commical set Asher! It looks like someone is being held hostage by a desperate salesman.

James

Asher Kelman

Its an interesting commical set Asher! It looks like someone is being held hostage by a desperate salesman.

James

I never thought of that possibility. I think they are just old friends and neither of them is connected to that booth! I'll look out for that place next time!

Asher

James Lemon

So did the girl with glasses just walk on after kicking the cup of coins?

Hi Asher

No they always stop and pick up the coins and put them back in the cup. Sometimes because of guilt they would make a small donation. I have other similar scenes but always the same setup and outcome. They had no idea what was happening to them. Strange eh?

Best, regards

James

Jarmo Juntunen

Nice touch, Asher and James! This little sequence would look better in bw but I don't have access to the original photos now so this will have to do ...

shhhhhhhh.....

_smaller.jpg

...kaboom

_smaller.jpg

Asher Kelman

Jarmo, that canon artillery works for me! Your lad there is smart protecting his precious eardrums!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

dsc09225CC_2014_ACR B&W.jpg

dsc09226CC_2014_ACR B&W.jpg

Asher Kelman: Kids!

Just my "downpayment" to get us started. More sequences to follow.

Great shot. Didn't notice it earlier.

Interesting the misspelling of CRÊPES (as CRÉPES) on the sign! An acute error.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

The movement of the sea in Lisbon - 4th August 2015

i-zzttT3q-X2.jpg

Sea in Portuguese coast

i-4tXXLzf-X2.jpg

Antonio

I appreciate so much these pictures as I had the extraordinary opportunity to witness these same waves just days ago with you in Lisbon!

I find the second set especially interesting as it does not have the sense of complexity of construction i hereunto in the first set, where there are more components. This last set work well. Now m,right a triptych be even stronger? I don't know. what I do admit, however, is that I was, at the time, more focussed on trying to frame moving people and, at those moments, missed missed the richness at my feet that you saw.

So much of photography is an openness to "seeing". but there's much more. The presentation must consider what is placed next to each picture as the order creates that atmosphere and context of the work.

I am enjoying this so much!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

Great shot. Didn't notice it earlier.

Interesting the misspelling of CRÊPES (as CRÉPES) on the sign! An acute error.

Best regards,

Doug

Thanks for dropping by and catching my picture. I enjoy that Elliott Erwitt can inspire us to create more than we would have done without him!

Asher

Asher Kelman

i-m4CHXWg-X2.jpg

Yes the trpich works!

I am enjoying your brave ventures, Antonio! This last one has much promise as the colors are spectacular and one can feel the angry energy of the waters thrashing the rocks!

Asher

Antonio Correia

I have been thinking that I could make a series of images under the title/subject "Sea" looking forward OPF Gallery 2016...

i-ht2jkRN-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

These pictures have a simple but rich color palette going for it.

I'd think the water must be remarkably changing or each picture reveals either progressively less or progressively more.

Have you done any more experimentation with this triptych idea. Do you think it might be better to have the narrow from in the center or perhaps have a wildly wide first image, a regular image at the center and your narrow one at the right. If the geometry is neither equal but not dramatically asymmetrical it might not work as well.

Looking forward to a surprise. It should really be a progression in a sequence to fit in with the O.P.

Asher