• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Holidays, relaxation and perspective

Sam Hames

I went away a few weeks ago for a bit of a break before moving onto new things (starting a phd). It was nice and restorative to not have to do much of anything for a while. I was staying with my Dad near a small town in NSW (near Iluka for anyway playing on google maps).

I was also reminded of why I much prefer to live in cities - the emptiness was nice for a while but I wouldn't want to live there.

A couple of things that fit the mood:

woodlandsAtWoombahP1020129(1).jpg

ilukaSandsBeachP1020186(1).jpg

clarenceRiverMacleanWestFromRiverStNearArgyleStP1020215(1).jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Michael Nagel

I am probably a little younger, but serentity, yes, that is something I can appreciate.

Thanks for showing.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Get to my age and you crave serenity.
Melted butter on toast in the morning is serene to me.

Tom,

My sons mastered serenity and relaxation, the use of lounge chairs and the like. I have dabbled in it, but never done that well. Instead I enjoy searching out whatever provides a great dose of mental challenge, excitement and if i'm really lucky, beauty too.

They'll be plenty of time for reflection once I'm dead, if my spirit survives that shock again!

Asher