• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just discovered A. Aubrey Bodine, Wow!

I picked up the Dec 2007 issue of B&W this week that features a picture on the cover by A. Aubrey Bodine. I've seen this mag before but never bought it. It was the picture on the front that compelled me to buy it really. At the time, I did not know it was by AAB.

After looking at his images in the featured article, all I can say is wow! What a master. I want to know more about him and his work. I haven't been this wowed by a photographer since I "discovered" Ansel Adams for myself.

Is anyone else an admirer and/or have anything to share about A. Aubrey Bodine?

Diane Fields

Now I'm anxious to get my copy--haven't received it yet. Perhaps I'll get it this week and I'll come back to comment. I don't know his work.

Diane

If you are inclined towards the Pictorialist style, I'm sure you'll find his work fascinating. I think of all the advantages I have in equipment and see what he did in his time and I'm astounded.

I really like his style.