• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Funny Thing Happen On The Way To Work Today

Scott Buttrick

Sounds like a joke, but it's a true story.

I had an eye exam appointment this morning at 8:15, with a new eye
doctor. I went to see Dr. Darren Hathaway for the first time, Darren
and his wife Jackie are customers of the gallery. Long story - short,
the pressure in my left eye was so high that I ended up having
emergency laser surgery to relieve the pressure. Yes - having a laser
burning holes in your eyeball hurts, but it's better than going blind.

As photographers we are all visual people. Please take care of your eyes!
I could have actually lost sight in my left eye. I didn't want to end
up being a blind photographer, it's too hard to focus the lens.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Scott,

I really am so sorry you have had to go through this emergency surgery. Focus is hard enough with two good eyes!

We all wish you a full recovery!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hoops!

I second Asher's greetings!

I do prefer my hard acouphens than getting blind… (I hear less "normal sounds" from year to year)

Cem_Usakligil

Get well..

Hi Scott,

It is a terrible situation to be in, but I am glad you were just in time to deal with it before it'd have gotten out of hand.

My best wishes to you and a speedy recovery! :)

Scott Buttrick

Thanks everyone for you thoughts. The little holes in your eyes that allow the fluid in your eye to naturally drain out were closed causing the pressure to increase. A couple of shots with a laser and now I have new holes to drain the fluid. The worst part is now, it feels like someone threw sand in my eye. The good news is my eyes are no worse than the last checkup, so no new glasses.