• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ingesting and Verifying from CF cards!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Has anyone used this ImageIngester.

This seems to be what you describe Sean!!

flow.png

http://basepath.com/ImageIngester/index.php

Seems just what we need!

Asher

Asher Kelman said:
Has anyone used this ImageIngester.

This seems to be what you describe Sean!!

Hi Asher,

I looked at it based upon another post I saw in the past and got the DNG Converter based verification from it. But, sadly, the new wave with it is OS X based for the premium product (from a renaming feature suggestion to the author due to excessive underscores which would alphabetically break my scheme*) and the renaming does not do it my way so I ignored the product and stayed my course (too many years of sequential naming to changing naming conventions now). Hence I stuck with the manual command line route I have used for years. But I know how to program so my perspective is not the casual computer users.

That said, if the software will ingest from an arbitrary directory, then that mixed with DNG validation would probably be good enough and include a GUI.

Nonetheless, I would like to learn of a bulk file copy validation/verification tool of OS X regardless.

Nonetheless, due to huge numbers of images causing Bridge to run out of RAM I am looking into segmenting my images into directories by shooting date as Microsoft cancelled WinFS in Vista (the one feature I actually wanted in Vista).

You might try simply using it to copy and validate a directory of RAW files. If you do, then please let us know.

Sadly though, this does nothing for backing up JPEG images for JPEG shooters.

enjoy,

Sean

* both ! and _ (exclamation and underscore) come before the letter A in many character sets causing SPE12345.cr2 to come after SPE_23456.cr2 which makes no sense temporally when using sequence numbers and semi-unique prefixes.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I believe it might deal with JPGs as well. There was an error in the code that did bring them in! One of those freak accidents. The author noted that he would have written a more complex routine to do that but here it was for free so I'd recheck the site Sean and see if it lacks what you might need with jpg ingestion.

I'll try it on some RAW and JPG images. I don't use the latter normally since when U do, I get tempted to do work on the jpgs and then have to repeat it on the RAW's!

Asher