• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: Earthquake broke my pot!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Woken up by massive shaking of house, alarm went off ran up grabbed kids from beds. All O.K. Just a 3.3!

ci15210193_ciim.jpg

We appreciate everything a little more!

Asher

Woken up by massive shaking of house, alarm went off ran up grabbed kids from beds. All O.K. Just a 3.3!

ci15210193_ciim.jpg

We appreciate everything a little more!

Hi Asher,

Good to hear that everybody is okay. Nature's forces are impossible to control, so damage control is the best we can do, a humbling experience.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher,

Good to hear that everybody is okay. Nature's forces are impossible to control, so damage control is the best we can do, a humbling experience.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks Bart!

The 2 year old said, the house went bang and my bed moved and the alarm went off but there were no bad guys. So they all bundled in our bed and I slept on the couch! amazingly, only one earthenware pot was thrown to the ground and smashed. I photographed it under my flashlight, of course!

So, the kids experienced their first earthquakes! Now I'll have to explain tectonics or better not or they'll be scared the planet can split in half.

I explained to the 2 year old it's just like you brother going "BRPrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhpop!". That's what the ground does sometimes! :)

Asher

Asher Kelman

13:03 am this morning another earthquake. No damage discovered yet as I haven't looked around yet! "

LA Times Reports: "A shallow magnitude 3.4 earthquake was reported Friday morning near Beverly Hills, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The temblor occurred at 12:03 a.m. Pacific time. According to the USGS, the epicenter was a mile from Century City, two miles from West Hollywood, nine miles from Inglewood and nine miles from the Los Angeles Civic Center."

Just a reminder from mother nature that we're just visitors! :)

Asher

Mark Hampton

13:03 am this morning another earthquake. No damage discovered yet as I haven't looked around yet! "

LA Times Reports: "A shallow magnitude 3.4 earthquake was reported Friday morning near Beverly Hills, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The temblor occurred at 12:03 a.m. Pacific time. According to the USGS, the epicenter was a mile from Century City, two miles from West Hollywood, nine miles from Inglewood and nine miles from the Los Angeles Civic Center."

Just a reminder from mother nature that we're just visitors! :)

Asher

asher - is there not a big one due around your area?

Asher Kelman

asher - is there not a big one due around your area?

Always, Mark!

That's the point! One never nows when one will be trying to climb out of rubble or facing a Tsuanmi. I never imagined that the city of Beverly hills would permit earthquakes in it's jurisdiction! :)

Asher

Mark Hampton

Always, Mark!

That's the point! One never nows when one will be trying to climb out of rubble or facing a Tsuanmi. I never imagined that the city of Beverly hills would permit earthquakes in it's jurisdiction! :)

Asher

Lol..... that's a good reason to live in scotland

Asher Kelman

Lol..... that's a good reason to live in scotland

Don't be so sure! From Wikipedia, it seems there was a 3.5 magnitude quake 23 January 2011 Glenuig, Highland. It was felt across the Western Highlands including in Inverness, Skye and Oban.

Still, unless one has mud homes or poorly built Cathedrals, no big damage is likely.

Asher