• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightroom Beta 5 (unreleased)

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi,

For those that haven't spotted it, there is some information on the Adobe Labs Forums and also photoshopnews.com about the latest features to be added to Lightroom. The beta containing them is not released (and may not be), so don't get too excited. Features included....

- A new folders tab in Library Module (replacing Shoots?)
- Expanded Quick Develop (using tabs for more tools)
- Redeye Tool
- Improved Zoom Options
- Date Sort Filtering
- Spot Cleaning Tool
- Reworked Page Setup, Print Settings and Print in the Print Module

Sounding good.....

Jan Rifkinson

Andrew Stannard said:
[snip] there is some information on the Adobe Labs Forums and also photoshopnews.com about the latest features to be added to Lightroom. The beta containing them is not released (and may not be), so don't get too excited. [/snip]
Is it your sense that Adobe is going to release v1 w/o further betas?

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Jan Rifkinson said:
Is it your sense that Adobe is going to release v1 w/o further betas?
Yes, I believe that will be the case. They've run this public beta program for nearly a year while Aperture has been on the market for the same time, although many would argue that Aperture was basically a paid beta program, too. It's time to get this puppy into the market. The various Internet "pundits" are already trying to make money form it.

My opinion is, of course, is belief rather than knowledge. But I would buy LightRoom beta 4.1 today, even with its missing features. I've found it to be wonderful and am perhaps more heavily invested into it (as a pre-release) than would seem prudent.