• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Strawberry comparison

I still need to figure out my new phone to do better macros on it.
I just got the Lg env touch a couple of days ago so I had to play with it. and had to challenge it to my canon xt.
Now the env touch is only 3.2 mp vs. 8.2 for the canon xt.
Can you tell which picture is from which?

I will tell you all in three days, to see how many are right.
4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Thank you for your time to look.

StuartRae

Hi Cody,

Winston is spot on.

which is from a 3.2mp cell phone or an 8.2 mp canon xt

But of course the images you've posted are only about 0.5 mp. You've thrown away so much information by down-sampling that the difference between the two formats gets levelled out. Even so, as Winston says, the camera phone image has blown highlights,poor colour gradation in the reds of the fruit and a lack of fine detail in the leaves. Now if you made an A4 print from the original files the difference would be far more obvious.

As an aside, it's rather sad but not surprising that people get seduced by a large MP count. Far better to have 5 good MP than 12 poor ones. Consider the original Canon 1D with only ~4 MP.

Regards,

Stuart